[SOLVED] Buying used PC for too cheap?

Solution
They said they they’re moving on from gaming but you can never be to sure, using PayPal for the transaction going to do some research on buyers protection this morning and see if I’m able to get a refund IF scammed.

yea please do so id hate to see someone get scammed like this, i have recently seen someone got ripped off by paying an equivalent of 2k USD for i5 8400 a GTX 1070 kraken x52 aio and the reason why its expensive the "RoG" strix z370 board. ive never seen someone so devestated in my life when it happend and since its like those meet ups he really cant do anything to get back his money. so do use caution but if its legit then you have one of the fastest gaming setups available atm.
Jul 25, 2019
in a perfect world id say that whole system is a steal for 1000 USD but whats the reason for it being sold? im getting its too good to be true vibe but who knows maybe that person just need the money asap.
They said they they’re moving on from gaming but you can never be to sure, using PayPal for the transaction going to do some research on buyers protection this morning and see if I’m able to get a refund IF scammed.

j3ster

Reputable
May 23, 2016

yea please do so id hate to see someone get scammed like this, i have recently seen someone got ripped off by paying an equivalent of 2k USD for i5 8400 a GTX 1070 kraken x52 aio and the reason why its expensive the "RoG" strix z370 board. ive never seen someone so devestated in my life when it happend and since its like those meet ups he really cant do anything to get back his money. so do use caution but if its legit then you have one of the fastest gaming setups available atm.

Reactions: OffinEWN
Solution
Jul 25, 2019
I’ll let you know how it goes!

Jul 25, 2019
Can you meet somewhere where you can test the system out beforehand? Bring a keyboard/mouse/monitor if you have to
The thing is he’s shipping from Nevada and I live in California. I have to just take his word for it hence why I’m looking at policies from PayPal. Going to give them a call and confirm the info that I read on their tos.

Jul 25, 2019
Alright should be good to go, had a chat with a PayPal representative and as long as I don’t choose the “send money to family/friend” option I’m covered under their regulations. Have to wait 21 days now because he is a new PayPal user and large sums don’t get immediately released. Thanks for the help guys!