Buying Windows 7 key from Kinguin to later obtain a digital license for the win 10 upgrade?

Nov 5, 2018
I am not contesting the morality in this question but I am on a very tight budget and I am using a lot of software that only runs on Windows that won't run on Linux even with Wine etc so my question is if I bought a Windows 7 license key off Kinguin then went for the accessability upgrade loophole to install a free Windows 10 upgrade hence hopefully getting a Windows 10 digital license would this be possible it could work? If I could get a digital license and not have to run a windows activator to get Windows 10 it would be great to have a Windows 10 that would be real and get updates without getting the personalization parts gone and a watermark or running a cracked perhaps unsecure Windows 10. The reason I am asking because I've researched alot on getting these grey area discount keys and finding out they may be accepted intitially but can be sometimes later blacklisted by Microsoft. Im not asking if this is legal or right morally or asking for those opinions but if I were to use a grey market key just to upgrade and get a digital license would that get me a stable Windows 10 long term activation.? I just want to know if this could work and has anyone tried this possible workaround with success? Thank you in advance. ;)

USAFRet

Titan
1. Yes, they can and often do become unactivated. Or simply not work right from the start.

2. The "accessability upgrade loophole" was closed.

3. It is not actually needed. Given a valid Win 7 or 8.1 license, it would still Upgrade to Win 10.

4. If you're going to go with a scam site, why don't you just purchase Win 10 from there in the first place?

5. I understand your reluctance to put up with the very minimal restrictions on an unactivated ($0) Win 10.
People and companies also like being paid for their work.

jakeallen58

Commendable
Apr 30, 2018
Also, to the best of my knowledge, all windows 7 licenses will work with windows 10 outright (and in my experience), due to microsoft wanting everyone to get on the windows 10 wagon. Hope this helps. :)

Nov 5, 2018
Like I said I was asking for the morals out of the equation here but if I bought a Windows 10 kiguin key it may not stay activated but wanted to only use the Windows 7 kinguin key to trick microsoft activation to get a more pernament digital license but you seem to jump to the morality of it all which was not in my question but not all of us have a decent income and are trying to use their pc to try to get more income by making digital products. I think Microsoft is rich as it is so my doing this wont hurt their bottom line and I just need a windows that works long term. I was asking if it could work not a judgment in an answer.

Nov 5, 2018

Nov 5, 2018
Thanks that helps a lot. Its appreciated. Im on disability trying to write ebooks and game making but want a more stable Windows 10 but I can't afford to buy a real key being almost $200.00 and I wish I could afford it but I cant but trying to make income on products I can make that would make me able to have more income because Im sick of poverty. Thanks for helping without a self rightous moral answer. If right now I could afford a real key from Microsoft I gladly would.

ikaz

Distinguished
You can actually download/install windows 10 with out a license, it will just have a background screen saying not active and it will no affect anything else like updates etc. So you can install it now and buy later.