Question Buying Wireless Earbuds for Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoveOverClock

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2015
Hello,

I am thinking of buying a good pair of wireless earbuds. I am gonna use them only for listening to music, so i dont mind if they will have good quality in areas other than music, like call quality. Currently i have Xiaomi Mi True Wireless Earbuds 2, which i think they have decent quality for around 10€ which i bought them. But, i am thinking if such a cheap pair, produces good sound in music with bass, what could possibly do a higher price product. Do you think it will have big difference in music? And if yes, which pair of earbuds should i buy? In my local store there are currently in offer those, Xiaomi Redmi Buds 3 Pro 50€, Samsung Galaxy Buds Live 50€, Samsung Galaxy Buds 2 70€, is any of them worth the upgrade from my current earbuds? My phone is Samsung Galaxy S20 FE (Snapdragon Edition). I dont mind if the earbuds would be classic or in-ear design, whatever produces better music quality i will choose it. Also, i have never tried earbuds with ANC, so i dont know if it is something that i would like to have or not. A feature that would like to have for sure, is wireless charging, so i could charge them by lefting their case on the back of my phone (which supports reverse wireless charging).

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
My wife really likes her Samsung Buds, enough to have purchased a second pair after the dog accidentally chewed one...She watches movies, listens to music, and takes calls with them. She likes the noise cancel feature as well.
Personally, they are too big for my ear canal and hurt shortly after putting them in.

As far as price to feature to quality, I tend to like the Skull Candy versions.

Reactions: decorateio

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
I really like the Bose QuietComfort for a wireless earbud.

A touch off subject, but to say that some of the finest sounding earphones I have ever had were a set of Bose OTE wired. They sounded phenomenal. The only thing that ticked me off was that the padding on them started breaking up and leaving "leatherette" all over my ears/face. They were supposed to have a lifetime warranty and when I called Bose to work that out, that exact model had been discontinued and they offered a mere pittance in return by way of a discount that was less than a sale price at many retailers.

I hope the back end service has improved a BUNCH since then, but given the current enviro, I cannot imagine it to be so.

Jave10

Commendable
Apr 15, 2020
I have the galaxy buds 2 and I love them. They aren't the best fitting, but they truly surprised me in every field. Great battery, small case, fast pairing, amazing noise cancelling, and to my surprise, pretty full bass. They are definitely a bit more expensive than the other options you listed, but they have been a great investment for me.

Reactions: decorateio
Status
Not open for further replies.