Question Buying wireless headphones, first time

Dec 8, 2019
Hey folks, ( after tripping over cables for godknowshowmany times) my headphones broke down, looking to buy new ones.
Some questions:
  • How long do wireless battery, in general, last? What I mean, is not when the battery is fully charged, when it comes to battery longevity ( until you "wear it out", and they last too short/you have to buy a new pair)
  • I'm from Croatia ( so, more limited supply, without Amazon), some advice on which to buy? Looking for just good quality headset, for movies/video games, no "extra accessories" really needed ( like a good mic or something)
I did a search, came up with a few options ( in local currency KN...1kn equals 6.48 $):
  • Steelseries Arctis Pro/1213 kn
  • Astro A40TR-X/1099 kn
  • Kingston HyperX Cloud Alpha/767 kn or HyperX Cloud Flight/899 kn
  • Steelseries Arctis 1 Wireless/756 kn
  • Sennheiser: HD 4.40 BT/525 kn or HD 4.50/900 kn or RS 175/1319 kn
  • Sony WHXB700B/779 kn
  • Logitech Gaming G533/799 kn
...or any other recommendations?

Second question is: my old Pc died out and I need to recover some files from HDD. Is it possible to do this, using some kind of Usb/Sata cable, for easy, quick transfer ( I Really don't want to mess with switching things inside the case)
Like this: https://www.instar-informatika.hr/gembird-usb-to-ide-sata-adapter-cable-ausi01/GEM-AUSI01/product/
Thanks, I'd appreciate any advice!

Lutfij

Titan
That depends on how much power the headset draws, some will draw more some will draw less depending on what sort of drivers(speaker drivers and volume level you're on). If the headset has RGB or fancy Christmas lights on it then that power draw is increased.

I would pick the Sennheiser RS 175 or the Astro A40TR-X from that list. We also have a resident audio expert...who should come here with other suggestions.

Data backup/recovery will be hit or miss in terms of results. If the drive is physically dead then you're going to need the aid of a professional data recovery establishment. If the drive seems to be alive, you could use an HDD dock and an app like Recuva or TestDisk but your mileage can and will vary.

Dec 8, 2019
That depends on how much power the headset draws, some will draw more some will draw less depending on what sort of drivers(speaker drivers and volume level you're on). If the headset has RGB or fancy Christmas lights on it then that power draw is increased.

Sorry, I should elaborate: how much in general, do wireless headphones last, until battery becomes so "worn out", so they become useless ( like with cellphones, Ipads, etc)?

I would pick the Sennheiser RS 175 or the Astro A40TR-X from that list
So it's pretty big, noticeable difference in quality? ( I've heard good things about Sennheiser). I don't mind the expense, audio is usually hugely underrated next to visuals ( especially with video games).

Data backup/recovery will be hit or miss in terms of results. If the drive is physically dead then you're going to need the aid of a professional data recovery establishment. If the drive seems to be alive, you could use an HDD dock and an app like Recuva or TestDisk but your mileage can and will vary.

It's definitely works, only my cpu died ( and was pretty old pc). I've tried booting it on new one ( with latest Ryzen CPU and new motherboard), but it wouldn't load.
Basically I'm looking for some kind of cable+( probably) adapter, simply plug it in and move the files, directly.