Question Buzzing/Electric sound like, coming from the MB near the cpu area

Apr 2, 2019
After upgrading my ram and water-cooler i noticed some sort of weird noise in my PC, took a closer look and it is a buzzing sound coming from near the CPU, almost between the CPU and the ram slot.

After reading here and there i took a deeper look doing the below:

1- Disconnected everything from the panel of the motherboard (mouse,key,headset etc..)
2- Removed the graphics card
3- Turned off all fans
4- Turned off the pump for a second
5- Disconnected hard drives expect the boot ssd
6- Swapped the ram from second pc
7- Upgraded psu to seasonic gold focus plus
8- Re-seated ram, cpu, watercooler
9- Unplugged and plugged almost all cables

After doing all this the noise still existed, i have an open case TT core p3 and it sits next to me on the desk, the buzzing sound is driving me crazy!
Took a look at the cpu frequency on the "msi command center" and whenever it goes high to 4100 MHz the buzzing will start, when its on idle 800 MHz it wont be heard, when i change power options from high to saving mode, the buzzing will stop until i load a game or any adobe software.

After trying out the (graphic card, ram, cooler, psu) i think i am left with either the CPU or MOBO to change, i need help figuring out which one would be the reason of this noise before purchasing any!
I appreciate if you have any information that can help me sort this out, before wasting money.

Pc specs:
i7-7700 kaby lake 1151
MSI H270 gaming plus
GTX 1050 ti 4G
G-Skills 8G (x2)
SeaSonic focus plus 650
Project 7 water cooler

Mar 14, 2019
After upgrading my ram and water-cooler i noticed some sort of weird noise in my PC, took a closer look and it is a buzzing sound coming from near the CPU, almost between the CPU and the ram slot.

After reading here and there i took a deeper look doing the below:

1- Disconnected everything from the panel of the motherboard (mouse,key,headset etc..)
2- Removed the graphics card
3- Turned off all fans
4- Turned off the pump for a second
5- Disconnected hard drives expect the boot ssd
6- Swapped the ram from second pc
7- Upgraded psu to seasonic gold focus plus
8- Re-seated ram, cpu, watercooler
9- Unplugged and plugged almost all cables

After doing all this the noise still existed, i have an open case TT core p3 and it sits next to me on the desk, the buzzing sound is driving me crazy!
Took a look at the cpu frequency on the "msi command center" and whenever it goes high to 4100 MHz the buzzing will start, when its on idle 800 MHz it wont be heard, when i change power options from high to saving mode, the buzzing will stop until i load a game or any adobe software.

After trying out the (graphic card, ram, cooler, psu) i think i am left with either the CPU or MOBO to change, i need help figuring out which one would be the reason of this noise before purchasing any!
I appreciate if you have any information that can help me sort this out, before wasting money.

Pc specs:
i7-7700 kaby lake 1151
MSI H270 gaming plus
GTX 1050 ti 4G
G-Skills 8G (x2)
SeaSonic focus plus 650
Project 7 water cooler
If you didn’t hear it before then it could be a new wire hitting a fan or maybe your radiator fans are too loud. I recently changed my water-cooler and the radiator fans were too loud so I had to take it off auto thru the software and the noise stopped.

Apr 2, 2019
If you didn’t hear it before then it could be a new wire hitting a fan or maybe your radiator fans are too loud. I recently changed my water-cooler and the radiator fans were too loud so I had to take it off auto thru the software and the noise stopped.
thank you for replying, but i did disable/power off all fans, and the buzzing continues

Apr 2, 2019
[update] I did rest the bios and nothing happened, but after disabling c-state in bios the noise/buzzing was gone, not sure if i should keep it like this or not.

i dont have a lot of information about c-state, but if anyone does i would like to know what lead to this happening 1st place, and how to avoid it in the future.

Mar 14, 2019
[update] I did rest the bios and nothing happened, but after disabling c-state in bios the noise/buzzing was gone, not sure if i should keep it like this or not.

i dont have a lot of information about c-state, but if anyone does i would like to know what lead to this happening 1st place, and how to avoid it in the future.
View: https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/87zx9m/disabling_c_states_in_bios/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

In this thread they explain what a c-state is and what it does. Doesn’t seem like it’s a bad thing to turn it off tho.

TRENDING THREADS