Buzzing in my headphones and distorted sound

Mar 12, 2018
My headphones were always working fine but recently my computer got ratted :( so i decided to reinstall windows just to be sure its gone now after reinstalling windows no matter what i did i cant get my headphones to not have that buzzing sound in the background that gets louder as i increase the volume and the sound distortion to go away.

Ralston18

Titan
Ensure that the headphones work properly on another computer or device.

Try another set of headphones on your computer.

Determine if the buzzing sound stays with your computer or follows the headphones.

Try running the built-in Windows 10 troubleshooters. The troubleshooter may find and possibly fix something.

Download and reinstall your audio card drivers via the manufacturer's website.

Mar 12, 2018

They do work properly on other devices.
I did try another set of headphones and the same stuff happens (sound distorted and buzzing in the background)
What troubleshooters?
I do not know what audio card drivers to download. (I don't know what the manufacturer is)

Ralston18

Titan
Use "WIN" + "I" > Update & Security to find the troubleshooters.

However, because Microsoft has some relocated the troubleshooter (depending on your version of Windows) just type "Troubleshoot" in the "Type here to search" box.

You should see "Troubleshoot" System Settings appear. Along with a small wrench icon.

You can likewise type in "Device Manager" to find and identify your audio card(s). There may be a built in card and/or a PCIe slotted card.

Avoid downloading drivers from other than the manufacturer's website. Sometimes an older driver will work. Avoid downloads from 3rd party sites. Such sites should be last resort only. Watch out for fake links and obvious download buttons that really download something else. Read carefully and check the URL that should appear when a link is moused over.