Question Buzzing Microphone/Audio

ithatsings

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2016
Hello,

This is an issue I've been facing for years now and I finally decided to tackle it, but I'm not having any success doing so. As stated from the title, I am having an issue with both the audio as well as my microphone. Both of them seem to make a buzzing noise, however, I've noticed while playing Arma 3, if I turn on VSYNC, the buzzing audio which accompanies 99% of game sounds (gunfire, for example) completely disappears. Truth be told, I'm kind of used to the buzzing audio and fixing it is the least of my worries. The main culprit here is the microphone which is extremely annoying to friends on Discord or even meeting new people.

Here's what it sounds like:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfnAzRjMS3w&feature=youtu.be

The headset I am using is the HyperX Cloud Alpha. I've gone through many headsets over the years and this only occurs on the wired ones, I've had no problems whatsoever with wireless headsets.

I've attempted to look up this problem before and I've seen different scenarios, those of which are not exactly like mine. For example, touching the PC case does not stop the buzzing noise.

Additionally, I have everything plugged into a power strip (e.g. monitor, psu, phone charger etc.) into a single outlet for usage. It was suggested to just plug the three-pronged psu cord into the outlet to ground and lo and behold, the buzz is still there! I've also tried removing peripherals one by one to see if something was causing interference with no luck.

Would greatly appreciate if someone had a solution, or any advice to offer.

Thank you in advance.

SteveRX4

Notable
BANNED
Sep 29, 2020
PC Specs?
Is your case audio lead plugged into the motherboard hd audio connector?
Do other headsets have the same problem?
Are your audio devices working properly and up to date in Device Manager?