[SOLVED] Buzzing Noise from Aux Inputs

Aug 9, 2021
Recently installed the new MSI B450 Tomahawk Max II motherboard, AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4 and two new Corsair Vengeance 16 GB Rams.
And then the issue arrived. The front and back aux input both give constant buzzing noises when I plug an headset or any audio box on it.
Even if the sound is off (0%) and everything else got updated, the sound is still there...

Solution
What exactly do you mean “SPEAKER OUT”? As in, the device that got connected to the AUX input buzzes too? If so, obviously yes since the source comes from both front and back AUX inputs...

I will try that as soon as I can!

Thank you for your quick reply!
Got so frustrated after hearing that noise after being so excited about my new setup...
There are several jacks for inputs and outputs. You're describing the AUX input as 'buzzing'; do any other jacks give the same buzzing sound when you plug in a headset?

One thing to note: if you connected the front panel connections as 'AC97' then front panel detection and jack repurposing won't function. So that might be what's causing the 'buzzing' when you plug an output device...
Aug 9, 2021
So is it only the AUX INPUT that gives the noise? Does the SPEAKER OUT give the same noise?

Try checking the back panel while the front panel HDAudio wireing is removed from the motherboard headers.

What exactly do you mean “SPEAKER OUT”? As in, the device that got connected to the AUX input buzzes too? If so, obviously yes since the source comes from both front and back AUX inputs...

Got so frustrated after hearing that noise after being so excited about my new setup...

There are several jacks for inputs and outputs. You're describing the AUX input as 'buzzing'; do any other jacks give the same buzzing sound when you plug in a headset?

One thing to note: if you connected the front panel connections as 'AC97' then front panel detection and jack repurposing won't function. So that might be what's causing the 'buzzing' when you plug an output device (headset) into an input (AUX INPUT) jack.

Solution