Question Buzzing noise lasts a second every now and then.

onemoretimex

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2015
My pc is a whole new build.. installed last week and all parts are new... i never had this issue with the old build so i know its not the speakers themselves or the audio interface i use as it didnt occur before building my new pc.

The best way i can describe it is similar to the noise you would hear just before the interference of a mobile phone about to start ringing...this isn't the case but best way i can describe the buzz noise.... it usually happens whilst watching a movie or playing a game.. haven't heard it whilst the pc is idle or browsing.

My pc is overclocked but i have passed all the tests a few times... memtest,aida furmark etc......

This is the hardware and my current settings... i could undo the overclock but just wanted to see if anyone more knowledgeable can rule it out and possibly offer another solution, the motherboard bios has not been updated as the website states not to if im using my apu.

windows 10
ryzen 2200g overclocked to 3.8ghz and 1500mhz
Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 3200 overclocked to 3400
Corsair CP-9020102-UK CX550M 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Po Wer Supply Unit
scarlett solo audio interface usb

onemoretimex

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2015
There is no noise from within the case of my pc, the noise comes through the speakers i cant even predict when it will happen to try and record it.... its a very short buzz noise that comes in quietly and ends at its loudest and were talking a second so its a very quick ascent.

If it comes from the speakers the cure might be:
  1. removing any cabling that is close to you speaker cable. There are many devices that may produce EMI.
  2. Use of shielded audio cable (if it is analog)
  3. Use of digital output (wired or optical, best option)

To me it sounded like it is the noise of PSU (when it is working hard), but it should come from PSU in that case.

onemoretimex

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2015
If it comes from the speakers the cure might be:
  1. removing any cabling that is close to you speaker cable. There are many devices that may produce EMI.
  2. Use of shielded audio cable (if it is analog)
  3. Use of digital output (wired or optical, best option)
To me it sounded like it is the noise of PSU (when it is working hard), but it should come from PSU in that case.

It cant even be EMi as i bought something a while back that sits between my audio interface and the pc and stopped my speakers from buzzing all the time which was caused by poor grounding i believe ( another poster suggested it and it worked)

This has worked flawlessly and ive had no noise from the speakers at all until my new pc set up... im worried it may be a warning noise from the motherboard or hardware coming through my speakers that im ignoring ? if it isnt then i can live iwth it as it only happens 2 or 3 times a day... if its not serious then its all good ?