[SOLVED] Buzzing Noise when playing games with EVGA Supernova NEX750B

bubacase

Prominent
Oct 15, 2017
Title explains it all. The buzzing started today when playing Warframe, and also on the main menu of Dying Light. Is this a sign of a failing power supply? If so, what are the odds of it failing? It's still under the 5 year warranty, should I RMA it or just buy a new one?

Thanks in advance :D

Solution
To the OP: If you have developed a buzzing from the PSU under higher loads, you really should RMA that unit--now. Depending on the specific way a particular power supply fails, you do run the risk of permanent damage to other system components when it eventually goes down on you.

I woud totally avoid Evga.
Since I've been running EVGA for many years, and have found them to be a solid performer for me (but I'm not a gamer in the least), your remark would be far more helpful if you provided context and evidence for for such a flat statement.

USAFRet

Titan
MERGED QUESTION
Question from bubacase : "EVGA Supernova NEX750B buzzing noise while playing games"

thepcgamer792

Reputable
Sep 20, 2015
Title explains it all. The buzzing started today when playing Warframe, and also on the main menu of Dying Light. Is this a sign of a failing power supply? If so, what are the odds of it failing? It's still under the 5 year warranty, should I RMA it or just buy a new one?

Thanks in advance :D

I have EVGA SuperNOVA G3 1000W Modular 80+ and even on Dying light at the main menu I have this humming sound …:(

To the OP: If you have developed a buzzing from the PSU under higher loads, you really should RMA that unit--now. Depending on the specific way a particular power supply fails, you do run the risk of permanent damage to other system components when it eventually goes down on you.

I woud totally avoid Evga.
Since I've been running EVGA for many years, and have found them to be a solid performer for me (but I'm not a gamer in the least), your remark would be far more helpful if you provided context and evidence for for such a flat statement.

Last edited:
Solution