Hello
A few days ago i upgraded my old pc
Specs:
I5-12600kf
Z690 gigabyte gaming x ddr4
Corsair vengeance 3200MHz 2x8
Seasonic gx650
Gtx 1660S

As i finished building the pc and turned it kn for the first time an eerie loud noise came from the pc and i immedeatly shut it off as i was certain it was hitting a cable, i fixed it and when my pc booted into the bios a screeching/buzzing noise could be heard
I located the sound to the cpu area

I disconnected all fans and the cpu cooler to locate it but it was none of those, my PSU never did this in my old rig (psu less than 1 year old) and neither did my GPU (a little over a year old) so i doubt its one of them
It's clear with certainty that it is coming from the cpu area and it closely resembles the sound of static electricity

I have NOT tinkered around with bios settings or bios update so maybe it could be voltage regulators or smtng
I'm not sure
HELP
Video:
View: https://youtu.be/jyqJBCOv0FY

Lutfij

Titan
my PSU never did this in my old rig (psu less than 1 year old)
What did the PSU prior to the system listed above?

Since you mentioned the above listed system was upgraded, please mention the parts that were upgraded from.

What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? Try disabling the power savings features on your motherboard, for the CPU and see if the noise disappears.

Oct 30, 2021
my PSU never did this in my old rig (psu less than 1 year old)
What did the PSU prior to the system listed above?

Since you mentioned the above listed system was upgraded, please mention the parts that were upgraded from.

What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? Try disabling the power savings features on your motherboard, for the CPU and see if the noise disappears.

I upgraded the cpu, mobo and switched from HDD to SSD
It's operating on f5
I'm not the most tech set so i guess power savings is found in the bios?

TRENDING THREADS