Buzzing Screen

I have a flat 17" screen that buzzes! I had it reset itself, still
buzzed. I turned it off and then on; buzzing stopped when it went off,
started again when the screen was turned on.

Is this unusual for flat screens? Should I be concerned?

Thanks

dj tuchler

Have you tried turning up the brightness? Sounds strange, I know, but my
Samsung SyncMaster 191T started exhibiting this behavior about 6 months ago.
I like to keep the brightness down, so had it set lower. Like you, I rest
the display to see if it would help. It did. Then, when I went to turn down
the brightness, I noticed that if I set brightness below 60, the buzzing
started, and was worse the lower I went. I now have to keep it above 60 to
stop the buzzing.

"Dennis J. Tuchler" <dennis.tuchler@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>I have a flat 17" screen that buzzes! I had it reset itself, still
> buzzed. I turned it off and then on; buzzing stopped when it went off,
> started again when the screen was turned on.
>
> Is this unusual for flat screens? Should I be concerned?
>
> Thanks
>
> dj tuchler

A crt or a lcd?

On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 17:37:21 -0400, Guess Who wrote:

> Have you tried turning up the brightness? Sounds strange, I know, but my
> Samsung SyncMaster 191T started exhibiting this behavior about 6 months
> ago. I like to keep the brightness down, so had it set lower. Like you, I
> rest the display to see if it would help. It did. Then, when I went to
> turn down the brightness, I noticed that if I set brightness below 60, the
> buzzing started, and was worse the lower I went. I now have to keep it
> above 60 to stop the buzzing.

Thank you very much for your response to my question

The E172FP menu has no brightness setting. It has image and color
settings but the former has mysterious labels (auto adjust, pixel clock
and phase).

I've noticed that the buzzing comes up after the screen is on for a while.
I wonder what that could mean. I don't sense any heat coming from the
screen when it buzzes. Anyu thoughts?

Thanks again

dj tuchler

On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 22:00:56 +0000, WSZsr wrote:

> A crt or a lcd?

Thanks for answering my request for information. In answer to your
question, the flat screen is lcd.

dj tuchler

> "Dennis J. Tuchler" <dennis.tuchler@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>>I have a flat 17" screen that buzzes! I had it reset itself, still
>> buzzed. I turned it off and then on; buzzing stopped when it went off,
>> started again when the screen was turned on.
>>
>> Is this unusual for flat screens? Should I be concerned?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> dj tuchler

Have you tried fiddling with the settings to see if it gets any better or
worse?

Have you tried to contact the manufacturer of the LCD?

On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 20:17:28 -0400, Guess Who wrote:

> Have you tried fiddling with the settings to see if it gets any better or
> worse?

Which settings?

> Have you tried to contact the manufacturer of the LCD?

It's with a Del;l brand

djt