[SOLVED] Buzzing sound coming from my pc

Jan 30, 2019
2 hours ago my headphones were working correctly but after I put my blanket because of the cold, I think I received a pretty big electrostatic shock since I could here it through my headphones. After that, When I play a video or music, I could hear that altought the right part of my headphone was working correctly, the left part was quieter and had a buzzing sound.

I tried to switch headphone jack port, the one in the back was working a bit better but the problem was still here. I tried to switch on and off my pc but it didn't work, I tried to complety switch off my power supply, didn't work too. Also I know the problem if coming from my pc becausewhen I plug my headphones in my phone, everything work well. I tried to use a ground loop isolator but it didn't work well.

The one thing that worked (more or less) was to use a metal cloth hanger and stick it in my headphone jack. Now I have the same volume from both part of my headphones but the buzzing is there only on low frequencies.

My motherboard is an Asus Z-170A

Solution
Put them in your phone, if the problem persists its your headphones. The contacts in the jack are worn and you will need to either claim warranty or buy new ones

Edit: also try cleaning up your cable managment inside the pc to avoid electrical noise
Reinstall drivers

And again try nagging on the jack and listen for noise
(Sorry just noticed u tried em in your phone)

gogi

Honorable
Mar 2, 2012
Put them in your phone, if the problem persists its your headphones. The contacts in the jack are worn and you will need to either claim warranty or buy new ones

Edit: also try cleaning up your cable managment inside the pc to avoid electrical noise
Reinstall drivers

And again try nagging on the jack and listen for noise
(Sorry just noticed u tried em in your phone)

Solution