buzzing sound coming through speakers while playing games after installing msi gtx 1080ti graphics card

fappypatty

Reputable
Apr 4, 2015
Buzzing noise coming from speakers only while playing games after putting in msi gtx 1080ti. Ive found work arounds for the issue buy havent fixed the actual issue. Cant seem to fix the problem

Solution

Sorry for the delay in responding, I've had a busy weekend.

The new card could be causing the grounding issue though, even though it's a new card. There's the possibility that there's a cross in some connection somewhere or the card isn't grounding properly, which is causing it to travel through the case, or any number of other possibilities (Electricity does weird things). You can test if the video card is causing the issue by removing the video card and seeing if the problem exists. It's also a possibility, depending on your cord organization (if it's anything like mine, there's about 20 cords coming out of the back of the...

VJ_Gamer

Commendable
Aug 8, 2017
Check for the below steps:
1. Right-click anywhere on your desktop and select NVIDIA Control Panel from the drop-down menu or click the NVIDIA icon in the Systray.
2. Once you've opened the NVIDIA Control Panel, click the Set SLI configuration link under the 3D settings menu.
3. Finally, select Do not use SLI technology.

Check if it works?

Good Luck.:) Peace.

I've had and seen (or heard I guess) problems like this in the past. Typically happens when a high frequency device is causing EMI or radio interference. (typically just a static or buzzing sound)

I do like the grounding suggestion from Reepime though. (It's a very real possibility I've never considered in the past.)

Reepime

Prominent
Aug 8, 2017

Sorry for the delay in responding, I've had a busy weekend.

The new card could be causing the grounding issue though, even though it's a new card. There's the possibility that there's a cross in some connection somewhere or the card isn't grounding properly, which is causing it to travel through the case, or any number of other possibilities (Electricity does weird things). You can test if the video card is causing the issue by removing the video card and seeing if the problem exists. It's also a possibility, depending on your cord organization (if it's anything like mine, there's about 20 cords coming out of the back of the computer), it's possible that when moving the case around for the upgrading of the video card could have created a loose connection.

What I'd recommend is to double check all your connections are secure, best is to just disconnect them, make sure the contacts are clean (rubbing alcohol will be your friend), then reconnecting them. Once everything has been reconnected, try again. If the buzzing noise is still there, try pulling the new card out and checking again. If the buzzing noise is gone, turn the system off and put the card back in and test it again.

This will help determine the source. If the buzzing stops while the card is removed but returns when the card is placed back in, then the buzzing is a result of bad grounding with the card, which can be a manufacturing defect or poor design.

If the buzzing remains even when the card is removed, then the new card installation may have caused some sort of damage (may or may not be directly related to the card) or it's just coincidence. At this point, I'd recommend trying different speakers or speaker cables (if they're replaceable).

Solution