• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Buzzing sound from headset mic(realtek drivers can't be uninstalled/installed)

Jun 14, 2020
Hi guys,
Recently built a system
  • Asrock x fatal1ty h270 performance
  • rx580 msi 8g
  • i7 7700k
  • 2x8 2666mhz ddr4 ram
  • 4tb hdd
  • 1475w thermaltake psu(I know its over the top)
Got everything setup nice and well, except for one problem i'm having with my audio drivers.
When I plug in my headset, the computer can recognise it as a pair of headphones, and can recognize the headset mic. However, when actually using the mic, all I get is a weird buzzing sound(will try to attach a recording of the sound). The headset audio output works fine though.
I'm thinking that this is a problem with my audio drivers, so I tried to install the audio drivers from asrock's webpage. However, when ever I try to install it, the actual drivers appear in programs and features, but not in device manager

As you can see, I have the realtek (R) audio driver, but this is not the one that I tried to install, as it auto installs every time i reboot my pc, and also refuses to be uninstalled.

Additionally, this is not a grounding issue, as I tried placing my hand on my case, and nothing improved.
Would appreciate any help anyone can give me, cheers!

https://soundcloud.com/user-39062336%2Fbuzzing-mic here's the recording of the noise, warning: its pretty loud

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS