[SOLVED] Buzzing sound From PC ?

neesliah

Commendable
May 27, 2021
My computer has been making a buzzing noise. The noise most likely came from my PSU, the cable was also a bit loose, it went off when I accidentally moved it even a little bit. There is also noise when I scroll or try to load a picture, game or watching a video. I'm not sure what's causing this noise. The temperature, memory usage is all fine. I've tried cleaning my PSU, it doesn't seem to work.

Last edited:
Solution
My computer has been making a buzzing noise. The noise most likely came from my PSU, the cable was also a bit loose, it went off when I accidentally moved it even a little bit. There is also noise when I scroll or try to load a picture, game or watching a video. I'm not sure what's causing this noise. The temperature, memory usage is all fine. I've tried cleaning my PSU, it doesn't seem to work.
You have to be a bit more specific about the noise as a 'buzzing' sound could be arcing in side the PSU which is dangerous and a fire hazard. But then it could also be coil or transformer wire or core laminations vibrating; not the best thing but also not a hazard and it could last a very long time even so.

Exactly which cable is it you...
If there is a buzzing noise coming from the PSU it may or may not be a sign that it will fail sooner than later...but it may also mean that the power/build quality isn't up to snuff as well. Personally I wouldn't care for the risk and the buzzing and I would replace it. However it may last a very long time this way.

You have to be a bit more specific about the noise as a 'buzzing' sound could be arcing in side the PSU which is dangerous and a fire hazard. But then it could also be coil or transformer wire or core laminations vibrating; not the best thing but also not a hazard and it could last a very long time even so.

Exactly which cable is it you moved? turn the system off and try to push it tighter into position, if it won't then it may have overheated and damaged contacts or the plastic insulator shell.

What are your system specs? PSU brand/model/rating, motherboard, CPU, GPU at least.

Solution