Question Buzzing sound in both headphones & microphone

BigGeezer

Prominent
Jul 2, 2019
I was listening to music when I noticed that my headphones had this weird buzzing sound. I assumed it was something with the cable and I just ignored it.

Later that day I jumped in a voice call with someone, and they noticed a weird buzzing sound. When we stopped talking I tried to diagnose it, and realized it was the same buzzing sound I could hear through my headphones.

I assume it's an issue with the sound card in the mobo? I tried booting into Linux, and it had the same issue (first observed in Windows). I tried cleaning my PC for dust, and I tried turning off the PSU, and holding the power button for 10 seconds (don't know if this does anything, but I was told by a friend it gets all sitting power out of the system.

Any more recommendations?

BigGeezer

Prominent
Jul 2, 2019
Update: The buzzing sound came from my keyboard being plugged into the port next to the IO, I tried with a webcam and my phone charger, seemingly USB devices that pull high amounts of power cause this buzzing sound, if in that specific spot on my mobo, most likely an issue with my motherboard, considering its quite old.