OGGamer

Reputable
Oct 23, 2015
Hello,i am in really difficult position guys,i had all my family memories and more stuff on this HDD,1tb and it was almost full.i formatted it by mistake and i would really like to regain all the data back if its possible..
someone that has done it before and knows for sure how to please help me out i will appreciate it kindly and help back in my way.
Thank you

Solution
It depends on how you formatted it, if you overwrote with zeros then it's gone for good. But if you just formatted it with the default settings then at least part of the data is likely still there.

You can try to recover it yourself, but unfortunately many times that can make things worse. You could also look into having a professional data recovery service do a data recovery for you, but that will cost money, (I don't know how much). It pretty much depends on how important you consider the data to be.

Encryption+

Upstanding
Sep 26, 2019
It depends on how you formatted it, if you overwrote with zeros then it's gone for good. But if you just formatted it with the default settings then at least part of the data is likely still there.

You can try to recover it yourself, but unfortunately many times that can make things worse. You could also look into having a professional data recovery service do a data recovery for you, but that will cost money, (I don't know how much). It pretty much depends on how important you consider the data to be.

Solution