Question Bypass TPM 1.2 and TPM 2.0 not working on older dell machine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

markm75

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2007
I've done the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup guides found online to put the 3 keys in and try to rerun setup, but each time it fails on the tpm check.

I'm running an older Dell t3600 with an e5-1650 3.2ghz 6 core pc.

Any ideas what i could be missing here?

I've even tried making a rufus image on a stick that doesnt have the tpm 2.0 requirement but that setup gives me the same error.

Thanks in advance

markm75

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2007
Yeah no real good reason, but i have acronis'd the old image.. Its mainly since its a daily driver and i need to dig into the ins and outs, its more efficient to force myself into the pain than use a VM, i like adventure lol

So the only way to do this on an older machine is via say the rufus boot stick with non tpm as a fresh install, or doing the steps on a regular stick after the splash screen from what i've gathered.

Even if you install Windows 11, Microsoft won't push updates if the hardware isn't supported. So you're going to be left with an increasingly insecure OS the longer you keep it your daily driver (unless you don't mind reinstalling every few months since the ISOs should contain the latest patches)

markm75

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2007
Even if you install Windows 11, Microsoft won't push updates if the hardware isn't supported. So you're going to be left with an increasingly insecure OS the longer you keep it your daily driver (unless you don't mind reinstalling every few months since the ISOs should contain the latest patches)

i successfully got win11 working on the t3600, zero issues.

Updates DO work (pulled down some today), at least for now, they've stated they may later disable them on unsupported hardware, but so far thats nowhere in sight.

Status
Not open for further replies.