C:\ Access Is Denied

Iridescent_Blue

Reputable
Jun 24, 2016
My friend is running Windows 7 and recently has been denied access to C drive. I'm not sure how she's done this but she needs to access the files on it as soon as she can. I'm going to look into it over the weekend and see if i can sort it before she has to take it to a shop but If anyone has some solutions for it, that'd be great.

More about the issue. I directed her to boot it into safe mode with CMD and used that to access the "Secret" admin account but that hasn't seemed to get us anywhere. I've got a few things I'm going to try if i get the chance but if anyone has come up with this error before, I'd really appreciate the help! Cheers.

Solution
Unfortunatly we cant provide you any help.
It is against forum policy to provide people with information on how to bypass any sort of passwords or security. In order to tell you how to bypass this issue would be providing you and anyone else who stumbles on this thread info how to bypass all file permissions issues.

The only informaiton I can provide (which you likely already know, but it is not an option) is to login with a different administrator account and unlock this for your friend.
The end all solution of course is to reinstall windows.
Unfortunatly we cant provide you any help.
It is against forum policy to provide people with information on how to bypass any sort of passwords or security. In order to tell you how to bypass this issue would be providing you and anyone else who stumbles on this thread info how to bypass all file permissions issues.

The only informaiton I can provide (which you likely already know, but it is not an option) is to login with a different administrator account and unlock this for your friend.
The end all solution of course is to reinstall windows.

Solution

Iridescent_Blue

Reputable
Jun 24, 2016

She was registered as an admin and for whatever reason, she went to log in again and has lost access. I'm going around to check it out tonight so I might just reinstall her OS after i backup the data.

Iridescent_Blue

Reputable
Jun 24, 2016

I see. Thanks for your reply. I might just have to backup what data i can and reset her OS.