C&C: Generals 2 to Have e-Sports, No Single Player at Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
[citation][nom]master_chen[/nom]Like anyone ever really played Generals...[/citation]

Are you kidding, Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour was the last good Command and Conquer game and it was fantastic! I played the hell out of that game, and so did a ton of people, I used to play at 2 in the morning and there were tons of games going still.

I'm a huge Command and Conquer fan, played them all thousands of hours, and still do on occasion. It really pisses me off how EA has gone down hill, they ruined Command and Command and conquer; everything after Zero Hour is rubbish.

Rest In Peace Westwood.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
If this is the promotional or Advertising FULL game for people to jump into their Origin platform like what valve did on Team fortress 2 + Dota 2, then they are going on the right direction.

G

Yet another bastard child of EA games. They killed westwood and now they are desicrating the great name that Westwood made. Look at C&C Renegade its still going great and they don't want to patch some issues for it.

EA go to hell and don't touch C&C, or at least get some original devs to do it.

master_chen

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
[citation][nom]edogawa[/nom]Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour was the last good Command and Conquer game and it was fantastic![/citation]

- Remember when Generals were good?
- Generals was never good!

[citation][nom]master_chen[/nom]- Remember when Generals were good?- Generals was never good![/citation]

I'd like you to explain why it was never good then?

How about instead of calling something terrible explain why?

Although I guess it won't matter we all carry different opinions.

G

Liar! EA is a LIAR!
Battlfield 3 he said the same about E-sports, he promised it, and guess what?
there's no e-sports by EA. We doing it by community.
EA just the greediest company ever.

master_chen

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
[citation][nom]edogawa[/nom]I'd like you to explain why it was never good then? How about instead of calling something terrible explain why?Although I guess it won't matter we all carry different opinions.[/citation]

Much false advertisement and overhyping that didn't live up to expectations, stupid realistic setting (C&C was always about Time Traveling, Chrono Sphere, Tanya, Wolf's Pack, KANE, Tesla Coils, Mammoth, Tiberium, Harvesters, Comrade Stalin, Spies, Dogs, FUN. NOT about friggin' Osama, NATO, Red Dragon, not about Oil and modern pop culture references), ugly graphics and wood-like animation, terrible voice-overs, lamest scenario and campaign in the entire series, boring gameplay, poor overall design.

Maybe some people really did play it, maybe some of them even liked it to the extent where they became fans of Generals...but definitely not in the MOTHER RUSSIA, comrade. In here everyone totally loathe this piece of...I'd better re-play Red Alert 3 campaign again, than play Generals 2.

infiniteimp

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2012
A C&C game without a single-player campaign!? Guess there's another C&C title I won't be buying.

The franchise lost me right about the time they released that C&C/RA game with the cartoony talking tanks. I don't even remember which one that was but it wasn't playable. C&C4 was just a waste... graphics about 10 years out of date. With the Frostbite 2 engine, there's real hope, but without a single player mode, I'm not interested. I want to play at my own pace when I have spare time - not interested in competitive play.

[citation][nom]master_chen[/nom]Much false advertisement and overhyping that didn't live up to expectations, stupid realistic setting (C&C was always about Time Traveling, Chrono Sphere, Tanya, Wolf's Pack, KANE, Tesla Coils, Mammoth, Tiberium, Harvesters, Comrade Stalin, Spies, Dogs, FUN. NOT about friggin' Osama, NATO, Red Dragon, not about Oil and modern pop culture references), ugly graphics and wood-like animation, terrible voice-overs, lamest scenario and campaign in the entire series, boring gameplay, poor overall design.Maybe some people really did play it, maybe some of them even liked it to the extent where they became fans of Generals...but definitely not in the MOTHER RUSSIA, comrade. In here everyone totally loathe this piece of...I'd better re-play Red Alert 3 campaign again, than play Generals 2.[/citation]

What over-hyping and false advertisement? The game was what I expected it to be, it may not have followed the story line of the previous Command and Conquer themed universe, but for what it was, it's a damn fun game.

"ugly graphics and wood-like animation, terrible voice-overs, lamest scenario and campaign in the entire series,"

And all the previous games also shared these same traits.

*The cut-scenes were cheesy, but awesome at the same time.
* The unit voices were all awesome in Zero Hour, what are you smoking.
* Campaigns and challenges were fun, but multiplayer was were it was at.
* The graphics for the previous games were nothing to write home about either, but it was never about graphics in any of these games.
*The themes for everything before Zero Hour was brilliant from visuals to audio to story. Zero Hour was something new and different, it's refreshing.
* Poor overall design? Hm, 3 different campaigns with a ton of unique levels, a challenge mode, multiplayer, LAN, a world builder, unique art and design, lots of awesome mods, balanced armies, no useless units, amazing sound track and voices, etc.

I could probably say more, but EA did a good job with that game, it was just fun and not about super high tech graphics, money, business politics, and all that stuff.

James296

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010
[citation][nom]master_chen[/nom]Much false advertisement and overhyping that didn't live up to expectations, stupid realistic setting (C&C was always about Time Traveling, Chrono Sphere, Tanya, Wolf's Pack, KANE, Tesla Coils, Mammoth, Tiberium, Harvesters, Comrade Stalin, Spies, Dogs, FUN. NOT about friggin' Osama, NATO, Red Dragon, not about Oil and modern pop culture references), ugly graphics and wood-like animation, terrible voice-overs, lamest scenario and campaign in the entire series, boring gameplay, poor overall design.Maybe some people really did play it, maybe some of them even liked it to the extent where they became fans of Generals...but definitely not in the MOTHER RUSSIA, comrade. In here everyone totally loathe this piece of...I'd better re-play Red Alert 3 campaign again, than play Generals 2.[/citation]

you call generals a piece of s*** but your going to replay red alert 3.... WTF, red alert 3 is more of POS then generals

Anyway I was looking forward to Generals 2 but yet another in the, growing, line of C&C I will not be buying :(

kcorp2003

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
[citation][nom]jordan009[/nom]http://www.change.org/petitions/ea [...] -franchiseEveryone please sign this petition to try to force EA to add in Single Player and not make it F2P[/citation]

this will never work. didn't work for MW2. But who knows i'll sign. mainly for not making it F2P. I don't want Single player, i want them to polish the multiplayer.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
Forget about this game people, it's been butchered by EA.

Look at End of Nations, a F2P RTS made by the people who made the first generals.

SmaugTD

Honorable
May 29, 2012
Generals has an awesome modding community what made it good.
Try Shockwave, adds 3 new generals and overhauls entire game with piles of units modeled better than in the original but creative and in the general art stile.

hotroderx

Distinguished
May 15, 2008
Sorry I loved the Original Generals but this just looks like a EA milk scheme to me. I can already see this now F2P but if you want to be competitive in the game you must buy X-Unit only 5 dollars each.

I personally also enjoyed single player skirmish it was a lot of fun and allowed me to build which was something I really enjoyed doing.

Plus this model is going to end up being just like starcraft 2 where there are only 2 or 3 really competitive builds that work.

UltimateLord

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2012
I'm in shocked! What are EA's people smoking these days?! No single player for CC:Generals 2?! I've waited for this title so long and now i think i'll pass...is this really going to be like Blizzard's Diablo3?! Shame...

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
I miss westwood, EA have ruined the CC series. In EA hands the series have gone from great to rubbish in record time.

No base building and extreme sizzor, rock and paperbag "game-play", worst cc cinematic's ever (Tib Wars)
Web game
No single player (Now this)

Status
Not open for further replies.