C&C: Generals 2 Will Have Single Player Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

lahawzel

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2011
I love how the game industry's standard new release expectations have changed so much that it's now news when an RTS is announced to have single-player.

If someone made a news column titled "C&C: Red Alert 2 Will Have Single Player Campaign" back when that game came out, they would've been laughed out of the door. Same goes for "StarCraft: Brood War Will Have LAN", or "Diablo II to Have Offline Gameplay".

azathoth

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
the eventual goal is to add units from the Tiberium and Red Alert series into the mix.
Tanks for $2 each. I can see it now.

When I first heard C&C: Generals 2 was coming out, and with frostbite engine I got extremely exited. However a few months back all hope was crushed when I saw Free to Play.

Pennanen

Honorable
May 29, 2012
Bioware in charge of quality gaming

~Oh mr tank you are so strong
~Why yes i am mrs.jet
~uguu hold me

The first real time strategy war dating game.

G

I dont know how to feel abt this news. Seems like an afterthought after fans complain instead of being part of the design and development process of the game from the start. Just a ploy and tactic to get ppl buying the game and realise the single player is just a bunch of rag tag levels put together as a tutorial for the multiplayer part. Not convinced.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
Still don't care, scrap the F2P idea and return it to a standard game then I'll play it. Until then, nope. Another reason to consider EA and Bioware dead.

G

EA has lost all credibility. Peddling and conning gamers with half baked excuses on their questionable decisions. Its sad really to see Frank Gibeau trying to cover tracks.

Gundam288

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
unless I see Westwood (R.I.P.) on a C&C title that is free of EA's control. I will have no intention of even thinking about buying/renting/playing/ or even torrenting said game(s).

EA has killed some of my favorite games over the years. (C&C Red Alert, Battlefield, and a few others) The last C&C game I bought was the 1st decade, and it will be the last one since I saw how bad they messed up the red alert series among other C&C games.

EA, just please file chapter 11 already......

randomizer

Champion
"Our intention with Command & Conquer is to create a triple-A experience,

"And by that I mean we're using Frostbite tech, we're using very high-end graphics.

So that's the definition of a triple-A experience these days? Time to become a photographer and sell my [strike]slideshows[/strike] games with nicely inflated prices.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]gundam288[/nom]unless I see Westwood (R.I.P.) on a C&C title that is free of EA's control. I will have no intention of even thinking about buying/renting/playing/ or even torrenting said game(s).EA has killed some of my favorite games over the years. (C&C Red Alert, Battlefield, and a few others) The last C&C game I bought was the 1st decade, and it will be the last one since I saw how bad they messed up the red alert series among other C&C games.EA, just please file chapter 11 already......[/citation]

Look up End of Nations, made by a company that is filled with ex-Westwood Studios employees.

giovanni86

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
Some people hate on a company based off all its franchises. You know EA had a foot hold on the BF series since the get go, no one hated then. Now its a hating train that just gets worse as time goes on. I don't hate EA. Some of there titles are great, but they do from time to time destroy some of there titles they own and rush them out the door. BF3 is not one of them, its not perfect, but BF2 wasn't either nor was 1942. CnC Zero Hour to me although it wasn't westwood was still a great game. I still play it today, saying that though Generals 2 i had a lot of interest in it until they mentioned F2P. I will keep my eye on it but i will let videos and reviews make me decide if its a purchase or not. I hope for a Campaign, Skirmishes, LAN play, and much much more if any of that is missing i will wait for a $20 dollar buy and thats if it scores well above a 80.

mesab66

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
""Does that mean it's not going to have single-player? No, that's something we've obviously heard loud and clear that is important to people."

Thank you, folks, for listening!

Afrospinach

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2012
[citation][nom]Pennanen[/nom]Bioware in charge of quality gaming~Oh mr tank you are so strong~Why yes i am mrs.jet~uguu hold meThe first real time strategy war dating game.[/citation]

Good thing the "bioware victory" is pretty much just a label then. It actually annoys me that this little ploy has already worked too, so much attention because it is "bioware" and it will probably have none of the hallmarks of an actual bioware game.

Pennanen

Honorable
May 29, 2012
[citation][nom]afrospinach[/nom]Good thing the "bioware victory" is pretty much just a label then. It actually annoys me that this little ploy has already worked too, so much attention because it is "bioware" and it will probably have none of the hallmarks of an actual bioware game.[/citation]
Well its still EA game so expect pay to win and wallet warriors.

nhat11

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
[citation][nom]gundam288[/nom]unless I see Westwood (R.I.P.) on a C&C title that is free of EA's control. I will have no intention of even thinking about buying/renting/playing/ or even torrenting said game(s).EA has killed some of my favorite games over the years. (C&C Red Alert, Battlefield, and a few others) The last C&C game I bought was the 1st decade, and it will be the last one since I saw how bad they messed up the red alert series among other C&C games.EA, just please file chapter 11 already......[/citation]

It's free.... lol

waethorn

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
[citation][nom]Kami3k[/nom]Look up End of Nations, made by a company that is filled with ex-Westwood Studios employees.[/citation]

I liked the Rise of Nations/Legends games. Nations was awesome. I just wish they got to a point where it was built with a decent 3D graphics engine. Legends used one, but I found it lacking for units. The key to Nations was the research, because it would guide through the evolution of the chosen nation.

[citation][nom]waethorn[/nom]I liked the Rise of Nations/Legends games. Nations was awesome. I just wish they got to a point where it was built with a decent 3D graphics engine. Legends used one, but I found it lacking for units. The key to Nations was the research, because it would guide through the evolution of the chosen nation.[/citation]

That's not the game e was referring to. End of Nations hasn't been released yet. And guess what: It's F2P! Shock and horror, the ex-Westwood employees are doing the same thing as EA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/End_of_Nations

boju

Titan
Ambassador
My worries for no single player are over however $50/hr to play [strike]Tanya[/strike] haha oh shes only in redalert..alright then some shecommando is going to be awkward.

Kidding :D

Hoping no extra money involved in single player.

G

And..... It's still going to have always online DRM just to play single player...

No thanks, I'll skip this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.