C Drive crashed, Replaced and reloaded Windows 10, now file manager does not see my B: Drive

david2769

Prominent
Mar 25, 2017
1.SYSTEM Build, I7 4790K, GPU EVGA 1080 FTW, MB ASUS Z7 WIFI PRO, C:Drive SAMSUNG SSD 500MB 850 PRO, B: drive HDD SEAGATE 2TB, RAM CORSAIR VENGENANCE 16MB, PS CORSAIR HX 850 W, My C: drive died and i replaced it with the SAMSUNG 850 PRO reloaded WINDOWS 10, and all the drivers everything works fine EXCEPT Windows 10 File manager does not see the B: Drive, Checked Disk managementDrive C: Healthy drive 0, Drive B: Healthy Drive 1, Checked Device Manager EVENTS Drive C: Device configured, Device working properly, Device on line. Drive B: Events Device configured, Device (started), Device working properly. when I go to Windows file manager Drive B: is not displayed just Drive C: and Drive D: DVD Drive
When I go to the Command Prompt an type CD B: drive B is not found, Do I need to uninstall windows 10 and all the drivers or am I missing something stupid. When C Drive first crashed I booted the the PC and with a windows 8 disk and at the command prompt Drive C Empty and Drive B: had the complete directory.

Solution
In Disk Managemrnt, runs diskmgmt.msc, locate your missing drive and right click on the partition and try assigning it a letter.
A and B normally are reserved for Floppy drives and probably blocked w10 from automatically assigning the old drive letter to it.

popatim

Titan
In Disk Managemrnt, runs diskmgmt.msc, locate your missing drive and right click on the partition and try assigning it a letter.
A and B normally are reserved for Floppy drives and probably blocked w10 from automatically assigning the old drive letter to it.

Solution