[SOLVED] c: Drive IS Dirty

Jul 25, 2021
My C drive IS dirty. Long story short, it won't go away which results in checking c: drive at startup. I have used chkdsk, the proper way about 3 times and every time there are no problems. CrystalDiskInfo also states drive is good.

I did create a bootable usb drive when running chkdsk so windows was not being used in any way when being checked.

I'm starting to worry about the health of the hard drive. I have been getting random blue screens stating the computer needs to be shut down, not too often, but I do get them from time to time.

I built this computer in September of 2020. 970 EVO Plus 2TB, 570-E Gaming MB, 32GB RAM, Ryzen 9.

The following error can be found in my Event Viewer often: Volume C: (\Device\HarddiskVolume3) needs to be taken offline to perform a Full Chkdsk. Please run "CHKDSK /F" locally via the command line, or run "REPAIR-VOLUME <drive:>" locally or remotely via PowerShell.

2 Questions:

Is there another way to properly clear the dirty bit?

If I purchase a new drive and clone my current install, will the problem just be transferred to the new drive.

As an aside, the dirty bit showed up after I enabled DOCP to get my advertised speeds out of my memory. I disabled that immediately after I got the dirty bit problem.

Solution
My C drive IS dirty. Long story short, it won't go away which results in checking c: drive at startup. I have used chkdsk, the proper way about 3 times and every time there are no problems. CrystalDiskInfo also states drive is good.

I did create a bootable usb drive when running chkdsk so windows was not being used in any way when being checked.

I'm starting to worry about the health of the hard drive. I have been getting random blue screens stating the computer needs to be shut down, not too often, but I do get them from time to time.

I built this computer in September of 2020. 970 EVO Plus 2TB, 570-E Gaming MB, 32GB RAM, Ryzen 9.

The following error can be found in my Event Viewer often: Volume C: (\Device\HarddiskVolume3)...

The following error can be found in my Event Viewer often: Volume C: (\Device\HarddiskVolume3) needs to be taken offline to perform a Full Chkdsk. Please run "CHKDSK /F" locally via the command line, or run "REPAIR-VOLUME <drive:>" locally or remotely via PowerShell.

2 Questions:

Is there another way to properly clear the dirty bit?

If I purchase a new drive and clone my current install, will the problem just be transferred to the new drive.

As an aside, the dirty bit showed up after I enabled DOCP to get my advertised speeds out of my memory. I disabled that immediately after I got the dirty bit problem.
Some reading.
https://www.google.com/search?q=cle...5IBAjE1mAEAoAEBqgEHZ3dzLXdpeg&sclient=gws-wiz

If you have corrupt files on the source and you clone then the destination will have corrupt files.

As for docp use memtest86 as a tester that way you don't risk corrupting files in the OS.

Solution