Question C drive repairs?

Jul 26, 2020
I can’t remember when it started but now every time I start up my pc it starts disk scanning and says my c drive needs to be repaired. After that I can use my pc perfectly fine but I do want to see what’s wrong.

I got my c drive, a 500gb ssd, less than a year ago so I don’t think it’s dying, and I don’t think I have any viruses either

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of the SSD and which slot is it populating on your motherboard? Might want to include your full system's specs. Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
GPU:
PSU:

Also, make sure you're on the latest BIOS for your motherboard.

Reactions: NightHawkRMX
Jul 26, 2020
My specs are
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard: B450 GAMING PLUS (MS-7B86) MSI
Ram: 16gb Corsair Vengence 3200Mhz
SSD/HDD: Model WDC WDS500G2B0B-00YS70
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5700
PSU:Corsair550W TX550M 80 Plus Gold Power Supply

My SSD is taking up the M.2 slot on my motherboard

Jul 26, 2020
I would open command prompt and run "sfc /scannow". This should take some time. If it says everything is fine and no problems were fixed, run "chkdsk /f /r". Let me know how they go.

Last edited:

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
I can’t remember when it started but now every time I start up my pc it starts disk scanning and says my c drive needs to be repaired. After that I can use my pc perfectly fine but I do want to see what’s wrong.

I got my c drive, a 500gb ssd, less than a year ago so I don’t think it’s dying, and I don’t think I have any viruses either
Run CrystalDiskInfo and see what the state of the SSD is. Your fine, for a second there I thought you had a hard drive which I was going to blast you for that lol.

TRENDING THREADS