Question C drive SSD keeps filling up (tried a clean windows 10 install no luck)

Ing17

Honorable
Oct 2, 2014
Around a week ago I downloaded a malware which either broke my SSD or it just making my SSD shows inaccurate storage space. Thing is I have tried a clean install windows 10 yesterday creating a bootable usb from my gaming laptop. I deleted all partitions of my C ssd drive and formatted it. Thought this would solve the problem but no. Since I wanted to test the result, I left my PC on without doing anything and yet it keeps filling up like 1 GB for every boot. Anything else I can try besides a buying a new SSD?

D

Deleted member 14196

You do it when you’re installing windows. We choose a custom install and then select the drive. delete all the partitions then create a new one and then install windows

Ing17

Honorable
Oct 2, 2014
You do it when you’re installing windows. We choose a custom install and then select the drive. delete all the partitions then create a new one and then install windows
That was what I did I deleted all the partitions till only the primary partition is left then format it then install Windows. Yet the problem still persists

D

Deleted member 14196

You delete all the Partitions. What do you mean you leave the main one? The installer gives you the ability to remove all of them and then create a new one. Is that what you did?

Ing17

Honorable
Oct 2, 2014
You delete all the Partitions. What do you mean you leave the main one? The installer gives you the ability to remove all of them and then create a new one. Is that what you did?
That maybe the issue I didnt create any new partition. Deleted all the recovery and other partitions that smaller partition there were 4 I think. I think Im not doing a clean install properly.

D

Deleted member 14196

Correct you must wipe out all of the partitions then create one new one and install windows like that

D

Deleted member 14196

So just to be sure. I delete everything until the unallocated space drive is shown then I install Windows on that drive?
yes, correct.

MAKE SURE to disconnect all other HDD or SSD when you install as well to prevent windows installer from putting boot files on other drives

After the install is complete on your SSD, reboot and make sure it's all good, then you can power down and reconnect your other HDDs or SSDs