Question C drive was moved to Disk 1 during MS assisted reinstall of W10 Pro 64 bit. Now corrupted? No restart. Move back to 0 drive?

osteoart

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2013
C drive was moved to Disk 1 during MS assisted reinstall of W10 Pro 64 bit. Now corrupted? No restart. Move back to 0 drive? 0 drive is SSD and where I would like my boot file and such. When MS guided me through repair/custom install by first making a USB/HDD repair drive I now see C: drive is located on an old spinning? drive partition on disk 1. After custom repair I can now only boot from my CD rom repair disk created after the reset. I am hesitant to do a clean install as I lost my office suite including office outlook during the last repair and had to wrestle with MS for over a week to get it reinstalled. Thoughts PLEASE.

Math Geek

Champion
Ambassador
what would help a ton is for you to post a screenshot of your disk management screen. we need to visualize where the boot partitions and such are at this time. can't offer any help at all until we know EXACTLY what everything looks like across all drives. :)

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS