Question C:/ not working, but is working

Sephveritas

Prominent
Apr 8, 2019
Hello everyone I have a problem caused by myself without knowing at the time, but somehow my system liked to duplicate items so i tried to stop it by erasing all users except what I thought was the Admin, but when I did that somehow my C: drive is screwed up it will work , but it doesn't. I've formated my laptop, but the problem is still there. For 2 days I'ver researched this problem went on hp sites, but nothing to fix this issue. I'm unable to use anything I had on the c drive, an I can't redownload anything that is on my C: drive to my external hard drive. I'm unable to check my Disk Management it just says Windows can't access or make sure I've spelt it right or initialize, but I can't it won't even let me go to the trouble shoot. Now when I scan my C: drive it comes out good no damage the way I could check it was to restart my laptop an repeately press ESC an do it from there. I'm not even that great at computers well figuring this kind of stuff, but I video edit an make music which I'm unable to do cuz its all on my hard drive C ann cant be downloaded on my external. I've done everything I can think of an was really hoping to figure it out, but coming up on day 3 without all my software soon I am checking if maybe someone here knows the answer or help me in the right direction. Thank you an hope to be back to normal soon. Have a good days cheers

Sephveritas

Prominent
Apr 8, 2019
I have it reseting right now cuz the first time I did it it stopped at 71 % now if it does it again then it's cuz it's unable to erase that c drive. I can't go into disk management at all or any management at all just keeps saying windows can't access I can't even go into logitech for my mouse an my keyboard I switched it so everything would download onto E drive an still couldn't download the logitech hub. My laptop is at 12% so it'll be probably another 12 hours before it's done, but if it stops again at 71% I'll give that a shot. I've never tried to make a new administration, but I'll look that up on YouTube, but yeah I hope the reset will do it an if not I'll try that an if that doesn't work I'm going to snap it in half an be done with it. Since the day I got it last year I've had nothing but problems with it an quit frankly it's definitely not worth the trouble it's put me thru. I definitely expected way more from the Omen class line but it's on its last chance an I'll buy another brand an be done with it.
But last but not least thank you rgd1101 for taken the time to help me with this issue, it's been almost 3 days now without anything I'm able to use that I use daily. The saying you don't know how important something truly is until it's gone effect is playing truths right now lol. God bless you, an again thank you very much. I'll post if it resolves the issue or not cheers

Sephveritas

Prominent
Apr 8, 2019
windows 10?
did you have you data backup?
If you do, reinstall windows.

could be hdd/sdd failing
No I checked them both an there okay, a friend an I ran scan plus did the go to start hold shift an reset safe mode I think. Even tried a new user with administration an still nothing but for a fact the drives are perfectly okay. I got some pics of what it's saying but not sure if this site allows it myself an 4 others have worked on this probably 8 hours each person so like 24 hours for myself cuz I can't do any regular day to day stuff I have a tablet but need pc.

Sephveritas

Prominent
Apr 8, 2019
No I checked them both an there okay, a friend an I ran scan plus did the go to start hold shift an reset safe mode I think. Even tried a new user with administration an still nothing but for a fact the drives are perfectly okay. I got some pics of what it's saying but not sure if this site allows it myself an 4 others have worked on this probably 8 hours each person so like 24 hours for myself cuz I can't do any regular day to day stuff I have a tablet but need pc.
Plus I did factory reset an reinstall window 2x now, but both times it won't even factory reset 100% after about 16 hours it just stops but windows downloads from the start. It's weird cuz windows is on the c drive, an it's the only thing that can be used from c drive I don't know why, but it is

Sephveritas

Prominent
Apr 8, 2019
Plus I did factory reset an reinstall window 2x now, but both times it won't even factory reset 100% after about 16 hours it just stops but windows downloads from the start. It's weird cuz windows is on the c drive, an it's the only thing that can be used from c drive I don't know why, but it is
Plus ran DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /Check health everything came back good an we did Sfc/scanned just it's weird my friends are like it just doesn't make sense but the drives are forsure good

Sephveritas

Prominent
Apr 8, 2019
Plus ran DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /Check health everything came back good an we did Sfc/scanned just it's weird my friends are like it just doesn't make sense but the drives are forsure good
An the back up I seem to not be able to get to it but idc if I start from scratch I should with all the music an editing an you name it but just want the problem fixed more than anything