Question C partition isn't accessible?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahdi_88

Honorable
Oct 7, 2016
Greetings all.
So my pc isn't capable of booting up anymore, and each time I try it, it hangs on windows 7 logo then it crashes due to some bluescreen.
Even on safe mode it does the same thing and crashes, also I tried every option under F8 menu but no luck.
But I noticed that the PC isn't able to acces the C drive particularly, the partition that is containing windows 7, as you can see here:
https://ibb.co/QvJ8hRY
So apparently, the problem would be the inaccessible partition, but how can I make it accessible again ?
Hope you guys help me out.

PS: I got some really valuable data in that partition C and formating it would not be an easy option for me.

Do you have Win7 installation media? (If you can boot from it, this will open more options to check status of your current drive/drives, and possibly repair it merely a disk glitch; do you have a backup somewhere?)

(if waiting for an answer for what surely seems like an eternity of 30 minutes routinely is unacceptable, there might be PC shops in your area)

Is this a multiboot system, with different operating systems on one drive? or do you have different OS drives?

mahdi_88

Honorable
Oct 7, 2016
Thanks for the replies, I highly appretiate it.

I fortunately successfully booted the pc using the second drive wich is containing windows 10.
And the problem seems to be related to a partition from the other hard drive (with windows7) wich is containing windows.
So I cannot access it nor get any information about it instead of it's identification: "E:" and apparently that's what've been preventing me from booting properly with win7.
But the thing is, how could I access to that partition and solve its issue?

Install - Hard Disk Sentinel - and see if that detects any problems with your drives.

Also there are many apps out there that can get your data back. Just google it, loads will come up.
But before you do use one, read about it first from proper review sites. Also get to understand how it works.

This is why I use Cloud Storage for things like photos.

popatim

Titan
if you installed windows to a drive while another drive was present then it probably wrote the boot files to the other drive.

Startup Repair can fix this but usually takes 3 -4 runs of it.
EasyBCD can do this as well and much faster. Not sure how 'Free' it is anymore though.

Status
Not open for further replies.