paulsylvan

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
I have an ABIT AI7 MB with a Pentium 4, 2.8 GB, socket 478 processor. Can I upgrade to a P4, 3.2 GB processor with basically the same specs?

Solution
The Intel® Pentium® 4 and all of its flavors are very old technology that has seen major improvements with the introduction of the Intel Core™ 2 Duo, Intel Core 2 Quad and the newer Intel Core processors (and all of their variants). Simply put the lowest end processors today would be a big improvement over the fastest of the Intel Pentium 4 processors.

Unless there is some reason on why you can't upgrade to a newer system save your money for a better system.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team
The Intel® Pentium® 4 and all of its flavors are very old technology that has seen major improvements with the introduction of the Intel Core™ 2 Duo, Intel Core 2 Quad and the newer Intel Core processors (and all of their variants). Simply put the lowest end processors today would be a big improvement over the fastest of the Intel Pentium 4 processors.

Unless there is some reason on why you can't upgrade to a newer system save your money for a better system.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team

Solution

paulsylvan

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011

Thanks Christian. I am starting to research components today.

paulsylvan

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011

Thanks Vigilante212, I'm already searching for components to build a new system.

TRENDING THREADS