C# vs C++ ||| which to learn, HELP DECIDE PLZ!!! FAST!!!!

sz0ty0l4

Distinguished
Hello

First sorry i coudn't decide where to post this so i randomly choose this forum.
i'd like to ask for fast help, i only have maximum 6 hours to decide, because of my school's online course choosing system.

So heres the thing:
I'm learning electrical engineering, my orientation is industrial automatics, intelligent robotics, PC based automatics, automatic manufacturing systems etc.

I already learned programming in assembly and C. I've programmed several apps for PC in C and also for embedded systems, MCUs.

I like computer science and my university has this advantage that i can freely learn it, the only issue is both the c# and c++ course is at exactly the same time, so i can only choose one. and it only starts every year once.

I would like to ask your opinions: which one should i choose, why, what are the benefits?

thanks in advance.

ohh and one more thing: if you know a better place on toms where i could ask this and get a faster reply , please don't hesitate to tell me and i'll repost the question in the appropriate forum.

Solution
C++ is your best bet.
If you already know C then I think it is better to stay in the same line with C++.
C++ will allow you to program and integrate your IC/MCU devices with your programs for PC using the same language. Most compilers for their respective micro-controller support C and C++ but not C#.
You can communicate a C# program for PC with a PIC through USB for example but you can not program a PIC with C# because micro-controllers don't have an implementation for the CLR C# depends on, neither can afford to interpret the IL that C# generates at assembly level.
For EE, C++ will come without worries at the time you have to code performance critical programs for your devices and will always have the doors open for all possibilities...

rgd1101

Don't

not really, c++ is somewhat different than c#.
http://www.thinkingparallel.com/2007/03/06/c-vs-c-a-checklist-from-a-c-programmers-point-of-view/

If you are in EE, C++ probably best as they tend to use C++ not C# on the hardware side.

TripleHeinz

Reputable
Aug 29, 2014
C++ is your best bet.
If you already know C then I think it is better to stay in the same line with C++.
C++ will allow you to program and integrate your IC/MCU devices with your programs for PC using the same language. Most compilers for their respective micro-controller support C and C++ but not C#.
You can communicate a C# program for PC with a PIC through USB for example but you can not program a PIC with C# because micro-controllers don't have an implementation for the CLR C# depends on, neither can afford to interpret the IL that C# generates at assembly level.
For EE, C++ will come without worries at the time you have to code performance critical programs for your devices and will always have the doors open for all possibilities.
My thought.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS