Question C922 Pro flashes when connected, not detected

screminmemes

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2012
I've had the c922 Pro for about 3 years now. I didn't use it for about a year. Now when I try to use it for anything (Zoom, Streamlabs, or the Logi cam app) it isn't detected.) When I plug it into any USB port on my mobo it flashes for a splot second and then goes dark. Normal behavior is to light up for a few seconds. Here is a video of the issue: C922 Pro short flash

It doesn't appear in Device Manager at all (even when I watch DM while plugging it in.)

What I have done:

Reinstalled drivers from manufacturer website.
Tried every USB port on the computer (all other USB devices work on those ports.)
Rebooted computer.
Scanned for new hardware in DM.
Confirmed power settings have never been set to disable USB ports.
Googled this issue, but nobody is reporting the exact same behavior.

I need to know if this can be fixed or if I should just buy a new camera.

screminmemes

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2012
Does it work on another computer?

If it does then...
While connected to the computer, go to the Device Manager, right click the camera USB device and select 'Uninstall device'
Unplug the camera, reboot, then reconnect the camera.

I haven't checked on another PC yet but I will. The camera never shows up in DM at all, though, so I can't uninstall it.

screminmemes

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2012
It might not show the camera name, but it could appear as a USB device under 'Universal Serial Bus controllers'
or as HD Web Camera under 'Sound, video and game controllers.

Also click 'View' and select 'Show hidden devices'

There it is. It was appearing as C922 Pro Stream Webcam under Cameras when connected to my laptop, but on my PC it has wandered off to Sound, video and game controllers. Going to try uninstalling it from there and reinstalling it.