cab and system files

Sean

Does anyone know how I can get a list of .cab files on the
win2k installation cd and their contents? I need to
extract a few files (regedit.exe, notepad.exe, etc.) and I
don't know which cab these are in. If anyone can help I'd
be very grateful.

Sean Loewen,
The PC GP.

Greetings --

Well, since you apparently have the Win2K CD from which to extract
the files, why don't you simply look on the CD? I'm sure you'll
discover that Win2K doesn't use the *.cab file format for its
essential system files, but rather only as a repository of drivers and
add-on features (such as IIS), etc., and that most of the OS's crucial
files are to be located in the \i386 folder. Many of them will be
compressed, as indicated by being named "notepad.ex_," for example.
Use Expand.exe to extract them.

Bruce Chambers

--
Help us help you: