[SOLVED] Cable fast charging?

iMatty

Honorable
Mar 14, 2019
So i wondered if i could buy a fast charging cable to plug to my USB, the one i use even the Samsung one from them doesn't fast charge when plugged to my pc but fast charges when plugged to wall socket.
i was wondering if i could find one that fast charges with PC, i have a Samsung S7 edge.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
It's not so much the charging cable, it's the mains adapter specifications that facilitates fast charging.

Fast charging is only possible through a fast-charge mains adapter plugged in to a mains wall socket.

Motherboard USB ports can't supply sufficient power for fast charging since the ports have to meet strict specifications on power output limits. It would be pointless for a company to make a fast charging USB adapter for a PC since the input power required from the PC's USB port just wouldn't be available.
It's not so much the charging cable, it's the mains adapter specifications that facilitates fast charging.

Fast charging is only possible through a fast-charge mains adapter plugged in to a mains wall socket.

Motherboard USB ports can't supply sufficient power for fast charging since the ports have to meet strict specifications on power output limits. It would be pointless for a company to make a fast charging USB adapter for a PC since the input power required from the PC's USB port just wouldn't be available.

Solution