[SOLVED] cable for a usb 3.2 gen 2 front panel connector to usb 3.2 gen 2 type-A port

Feb 10, 2021
I have a AUSU Rog Strix x570-E motherboard. This board has a USB 3.2 Gen 2 Front Panel Connector, for 10 gigabyte/sec transfers. I'd like to connect a cable from this connector to a Type-A port (i.e. Male to Female), preferable on a bracket to my Thermotake case 5.25 bay, but I can't seem to find this type of cable connector at the usual online retailors. I bought a USB 3.1 gen 2 connector to a Type-C, but I really want to connect to a usb flash drive. Am I missing something here?

Also does the USB 3.1 Gen 2 male plug fit a U32G2_9 connector?

Last edited:
Solution
usb type A is limited to 5Gb/s per port, if u use 2 ports at same time, ull get 10Gb/s
only usb-c is capable to run 10Gb/s from single port

gen 2 port which u have is 10Gbit, if u convert it to 19pin usb 3.0/3.1 its still 10Gbit (ull get two gen1 5Gb ports which is 5+5=10Gbit)
usb-C combines two usb-A together to make that 10Gb/s happen
usb type A is limited to 5Gb/s per port, if u use 2 ports at same time, ull get 10Gb/s
only usb-c is capable to run 10Gb/s from single port

gen 2 port which u have is 10Gbit, if u convert it to 19pin usb 3.0/3.1 its still 10Gbit (ull get two gen1 5Gb ports which is 5+5=10Gbit)
usb-C combines two usb-A together to make that 10Gb/s happen

Last edited:
Solution
Feb 10, 2021
Thank you. This is what I needed to know. The USB configurations are very confusing. I guess I'll have to wait until USB 4.0 for really fast uploads and downloads, although that will probably require a PCI-E card and a new flash drive format. By then, 5G and the cloud will likely replace all storage. Brave new world.