[SOLVED] Cable management

Solution
Use a hairdryer. Carefully. Most of the stiffness in that usb isn't the internal wiring, but the external jacket. Pull it out and gently warm it up with a hairdryer and it'll soften the jacket enough to allow it to do what you want.

Don't worry about being perfect in the rear. Not unless the back panel is also TG. As long as the cabling is decent and not pinched or suffering extreme sharp bends, it's fine. Straight is nice, but crooked works just as well.

For the front, that's an aesthetic thing. As long as wires are out of airflow or moving part or pinch/rub it doesn't matter to the pc how they are run. That's upto you to decide if you like it or not or can live with it or not. Some ppl would be more than pleased with your efforts...

- sam -

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2014
I don't think it's all that bad.
The main thing is....everything is connected well and snugly and not blocking fans etc.
Functionally it doesn't matter what it looks like.

I look at the back and it looks awful lol. Also I have one problem, this cable seems to be kind of slanted and it's impossible to keep it straight due to the stiffness of the wire, should I be worried?

View: https://imgur.com/a/L0EBROJ

Wow...I had that exact same thing happen on a motherboard.

That cable is for the USB ports correct?

You want to get some more cable pushed down there so that sits straighter....otherwise your USB ports might stop working.'

As far as looking awful...put the cover on it ;)...but when you do...make sure nothing gets jammed up.....this is super important.

As I said...the main thing is that the connections are connected WELL.

Definitely fix that one in the pic.

Reactions: Krotow

- sam -

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2014
Wow...I had that exact same thing happen on a motherboard.

That cable is for the USB ports correct?

You want to get some more cable pushed down there so that sits straighter....otherwise your USB ports might stop working.'

As far as looking awful...put the cover on it ;)...but when you do...make sure nothing gets jammed up.....this is super important.

As I said...the main thing is that the connections are connected WELL.

Definitely fix that one in the pic.

Yes its for the USB ports for front of my case I think. I might just unplug it if I can't find a solution.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Use a hairdryer. Carefully. Most of the stiffness in that usb isn't the internal wiring, but the external jacket. Pull it out and gently warm it up with a hairdryer and it'll soften the jacket enough to allow it to do what you want.

Don't worry about being perfect in the rear. Not unless the back panel is also TG. As long as the cabling is decent and not pinched or suffering extreme sharp bends, it's fine. Straight is nice, but crooked works just as well.

For the front, that's an aesthetic thing. As long as wires are out of airflow or moving part or pinch/rub it doesn't matter to the pc how they are run. That's upto you to decide if you like it or not or can live with it or not. Some ppl would be more than pleased with your efforts so far, some are too OCD and wouldn't be happy with less than perfection.

You've done a lot more and gone farther than most, 👍 for that, but where you stop is only something you can say. Looks very good from where I sit.

Solution