Question Cable management

Jan 12, 2022
I'm finally getting a new desk and part of the wife requirement is to clean up the rats nest of cables, not that I mind. The other thing is it's almost nightly that our Roomba catches one of the cables. I'm a total IT nerd and have things like router, switch, AP's, multiple SoC's (Raspberry Pi's and others) for fun stuff like PiHole and Elk, so it's a lot of plugs.

What I'm running into is I have two very nice power strips that have enough outlets for my needs but they are longer than normal at 15". What I'm finding is most cable management boxes like this cable box support 13.4 or so long power strips at most.

Does anyone know of boxes that go up to 15" or ideally 16", preferably in black but nothing bright like red?

kanewolf

Titan
I'm finally getting a new desk and part of the wife requirement is to clean up the rats nest of cables, not that I mind. The other thing is it's almost nightly that our Roomba catches one of the cables. I'm a total IT nerd and have things like router, switch, AP's, multiple SoC's (Raspberry Pi's and others) for fun stuff like PiHole and Elk, so it's a lot of plugs.

What I'm running into is I have two very nice power strips that have enough outlets for my needs but they are longer than normal at 15". What I'm finding is most cable management boxes like this cable box support 13.4 or so long power strips at most.

Does anyone know of boxes that go up to 15" or ideally 16", preferably in black but nothing bright like red?
Have you looked at the gold standard -- https://www.legrand.us/wiremold for ideas?