Question Cable Mod vertical gpu bracket causing riser card to not line up with mobo pcie slot

darkhelmet82

Honorable
Aug 20, 2013
So basically, I got the above mentioned vertical pci-e bracket from cablemod and I've installed it into a cooler master h500m case. When I install the riser card the pcie slot on the bracket is
about an inch or so passed the slot on the motherboard. So trying to bend the riser card to fit behind the gpu as well as make it bend to the left to plug into the mobo is making me feel like I'm damaging the piss out of it. Is it supposed to be that far forward? How much can the riser card be bent and twisted?

USAFRet

Titan
So basically, I got the above mentioned vertical pci-e bracket from cablemod and I've installed it into a cooler master h500m case. When I install the riser card the pcie slot on the bracket is
about an inch or so passed the slot on the motherboard. So trying to bend the riser card to fit behind the gpu as well as make it bend to the left to plug into the mobo is making me feel like I'm damaging the piss out of it. Is it supposed to be that far forward? How much can the riser card be bent and twisted?

What "above mentioned" ?

"How much can the riser card be bent and twisted?"
Probably zero degrees.

Details, please.

darkhelmet82

Honorable
Aug 20, 2013
What "above mentioned" ?

"How much can the riser card be bent and twisted?"
Probably zero degrees.

Details, please.

Uh...the above mentioned "Cable Mod vertical gpu bracket"....in the subject...above... lol.

The end of the riser card that connects to the bracket for the gpu is at least an inch towards the front of the case more than the pcie slot on the motherboard, so it's trying to twist and is bowing out making it where I can't even install the graphics card on the bracket. All videos and tutorials that I can find online just show everyone mounting the bracket in the case, but no one ever shows how they flexed the riser card to plug it in behind the gpu, nor have I found any info on the pcie slots not being in line with each other. It seems the problem is the fact that the bracket puts the gpu the same distance further into the case, yet it has great reviews and I can't find anywhere where anyone has experienced the same problem with the riser card not lining up.