nhardinger2003

Honorable
May 28, 2018
So i've been slowly putting together my first computer, lets just say I absolutely love it, however I wasted a fair amount of money on aesthetics for my first build. performance isn't too bad but could have used the aesthetic money elsewhere. Anyways, I kinda held off on adding any more aesthetic parts, now i'm thinking I might as well finish off the aesthetic portion of the build, I was curious what everyone's idea would be to get a cable extension for the 24 pin motherboard power and a 6 pin graphics card. I was wondering if this is even a ok idea to do. I'm looking at getting white ones to finish off the black and white build i've done. The power supply i have is a evga 600b non modular 80 plus bronze power supply. If anyone has any opinions on this or would mind giving me some pointers Id greatly appreciate it. I know i've been asking a lot of questions lately.

nhardinger2003

Honorable
May 28, 2018
It's not a very good PSU , BUT EXTENSIONS LOOK GREAT and are safe to use.
Go for it , I always use them.
Yeah, it was on the cheaper side of powersupplies. I was gonna go modular but being it was a budget build and a small one i wasnt quite sure, something i learned and will take into account for my next build. What kind of cables would you look at getting? I mainly would just want the 6 pin and 24 pin because those are the only two power ones visible. Id love to get all white ones to finish the black and white build, i have a white asus gtx 1060 so that would look cool i think. If you want a picture of what im talking about i can post a imgur link.

nhardinger2003

Honorable
May 28, 2018
You can get all 3 extensions 24\8 pins and the one for the card. , it would look great.

This is what im working with for my pc. Id love to know if its even necessarily needed. Maybe some tips on the overall build as well?
Code:
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/bFAMgsP"><a href="//imgur.com/bFAMgsP">Project EndGame</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

View: https://imgur.com/a/bFAMgsP

nhardinger2003

Honorable
May 28, 2018
It would look real nice with extensions for the card \ 24 pin MOTHERBOARD\ 8 pin CPU.
So maybe instead of getting 8 inch extension, i should just get a whole kit for the same price and get 11 inch? I dont have a whole lot of room behind the mb to store the cable and not a whole lot of room below the psu shield unless i wanna disrupt airflow to the hdd. Would you maybe do black and white or pure white?

nhardinger2003

Honorable
May 28, 2018
Excellent FIND (y)
I think im gonna go with cable mod just because i know their reputable, not that I dont trust you or amazon recommendations, just dont wanna accidentally fry my system lol. Thank you so much for your help with this. Hopefully this will finish out my system for looks as ive already got the max performance i can get (excluding ram)

Reactions: Banned by Net

nhardinger2003

Honorable
May 28, 2018
Glad to help!
So, now i was looking at cable mods website, its over 50 dollars with shipping to get a basic kit of cables. I am wondering do i wait to see if they will make a sale or free shipping, or do i go on amazon and buy each cable i want individually? I can get the 24 pin for 13 dollars, the 6 pin for 9 and the 4+4 pin for 9. all with prime so free shipping. Like i said its not that i cant afford the kit from cable mod, but 50 dollars for aesthetics is not worth it to me anymore now that ive wasted a fair amount of others.

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator
Here's one of my 4 PC's , this one has black and white extensions:
GyBkl1e.jpg

Reactions: nhardinger2003

nhardinger2003

Honorable
May 28, 2018
Here's one of my 4 PC's , this one has black and white extensions:
GyBkl1e.jpg

That looks freaking awesome, do you think buying the three cable mod cables individually for the same price from amazon is better than 50 for a kit? All im loosing is cable combs which i can buy separately. Also, you should look at builds.gg, they are doing a contest where first place is 5k dollars, all you gotta do is enter a build of yours and people vote on it in a week. This would look sick in the lineup.

nhardinger2003

Honorable
May 28, 2018
I'm going to mod a PSU cover for it , since the case didn't come with one.

Ooo nice, thankfully my case came with one, although i wish it was a little bigger but not bad. I thought about covering up my ssd with a piece of black paper or something to hide the wording on the front, either that or ill move it to the rear of the case. Im also trying to find a way to make my tg side panel have a hinge so its easier to open and keep on the case. May also spray paint the two unused pci expansion slot covers white to add to the black and white build. As for cables i think im gonna buy them separately so i dont spend a ton on cables, plus 2 day shipping will be nice.