''Cable not connected'' when everything should be working.

woutengels

Prominent
Mar 14, 2017
So ive had my PC working and running for about 1,5 year. I did have a problem where when I press shut down my pc always wants to reboot automatically so I have to actually force shut down with holding the power button. This aside the real problem now is that from one day tp another my pc monitor says no cable connected with both DVI and hdmi cables. Ive tried putting them in the DVI and hdmi port from my motherboard and then they work so I don't think its my cable or screen that's not working. But I managed to get a connection once through the graphics card with hdmi (after it starting saying no connection) but then I only saw my desktop and none of my programs that were running, so I rebooted my pc and it again said cable not connected for both dvi and hdmi. Does this mean my graphics card is broken? Overnight from doing nothing? Ive already tried taking video card out, cleaning it up and putting it back in properly but still no cable connected. It still works through motherboard so that's how im now typing this.

If anyone knows something I can do all help is appreciated. I use my PC mainly for gaming, which wont really work through my motherboards ports.

Thanks in advance

Specs
Monitor: benq xl24iit
Graphics card: GeForce gtx 1060 6gb strix gaming asus
Motherboard: z170 pro graming asus

Any chance of trying your card on another system? It would help determine if its the cause of the issue or not. If it works normally else where then I would pin point your PSU as a culprit which could explain why your system would reboot instead of shutting down (perhaps something was tripping the system to start back up)

woutengels

Prominent
Mar 14, 2017
I don’t have a 2nd system on whichI could try it sadly :(
You think the PSU might be the problem for the rebooting? But yeah main problem is that I cant use my graphics card because it keeps saying no cable..