[SOLVED] Cable sleeves

LastSamurai

Reputable
Jul 14, 2019
Hi all

I just wanted to find out if you can connect a universal cable extension kit directly into the powersupply and are they as good as the standard psu connectors which come with it. I have a Super Flower 750w 80+Platinum. I have the phanteks extension kit. The specs are

Length: 500mm
  • Wire AWG: 18AWG, 2.1mm (Rohs)
  • Sleeve Tube: PP Material
  • Insulation Resistance: 20M ohm @ 200VDC
  • Short/Open Determinant: 20K ohm
  • 1x Motherboard 24 Pin Extension
  • 1x CPU 8 (4+4) Pin Extension
  • 2x PCI-E 8 (6+2) Pin Extension
  • Pack of Cable Combs

Solution
IF it says it is for any of models in the image I posted on my earlier post, then it is compatible. Any cable sets for EVGA G2, P2, T2, etc. are compatible. They use the same platform and same pinouts.
You cannot connect a cable extension kit directly to the power supply, at all. They are extensions, and in fact should not be used with any power supply other than the EXACT models they are intended to be used with because many, if not most, power supplies may have different pinouts.

You could potentially fry a PSU or other hardware using cables not specifically intended for use with that unit. Do not buy "universal" anything when it comes to power supplies. Buy only accessories that specifically show that they support that EXACT MODEL. Even being intended for the same brand is not enough. Two different models from the same brand COULD have entirely different pinouts.

LastSamurai

Reputable
Jul 14, 2019
Really I didn’t no that. Well I’ve had the phanteks extension kit in my case for a while and The reason I’ve asked is because I’ve gone to a smaller case and there’s no room. So I wanted to remove the psu cables and just use the phanteks ones. But if they are only intended for extensions I’ll have to get custom sleeves.when I bought them the salesman said no sir it’s perfecrly fine and I was like ok.

I’m currently dealing with an issue with my Gpu where it’s overheating high temps and performance could that be the cause?

What is the EXACT model of your Super Flower unit?

Have you manually overclocked your graphics card?

Have you tried doing a clean install of the graphics drivers? Drivers, lack of airflow through the case, overclocking, problems with the card itself or it's cooler, can all cause thermal issues.

LastSamurai

Reputable
Jul 14, 2019
Thank you,it is a really nice unit. I am In South Africa. You were right I’ve looked at thermaltake,coolermaster and Corsair and they all say universal but underneath it only compatible with each other’s brand

South Africa might make it difficult unless you're willing to pay to have them shipped into the country. IDK really what is available there. We don't get many members from Africa in general. Some, but not many.

Regardless, something like these are what you want to look for. Not necessarily these specifically.

https://www.amazon.com/CableMod-Classic-ModFlex-Cable-EVGA/dp/B07HM6YM6K

If you click the image below, it will expand to show which units have cable sets available that are compatible with yours. If they are specifically made for any of these units, they should be compatible with your Leadex Platinum 750w unit.

148zll3.jpg

LastSamurai

Reputable
Jul 14, 2019
I do buy from amazon and send back here with a friend or so. I have looked online here and I’ve only seen the BitFenix Alchemy 2.0 EVG Modular PSU Cable Kit Black-Yellow and the Corsair CP-8920049 which is like the link you showed me on amazon but I’m not sure if those are compatible. It only shows the wattage of psu which are compatible not the actual brand. So I’m not sure. If those arnt compatible the ones on amazon are probabaly the best.