Cable splitter or wifi and tv - optimum online

Carrie123

Reputable
Mar 26, 2015
I have wifi and now a tv that I'm trying connect. Picked up a cable splitter but am not using it correctly as I'm not having success with both services at one time. When putting in both tv and wireless cables into splitter the internet goes down. When I put tv wire into splitter and the cord into wifi unit, the cable doesn't work. Do I need a special splitter for my wifi and tv?
Thanks so much
-Non Tech Girl

Solution
Some splitters are better than others. If you buy the cheapest one, it's likely not good for what you need to do.

They come with different specs... look for one that specifies 'digital' and a frequency range. Depending on your service you may need 1Ghz, 3Ghz, or 5Ghz.

Contact your cable provider and ask them. Their tech support should be able to give you better advice.

g90814

Honorable
Apr 11, 2013
Some splitters are better than others. If you buy the cheapest one, it's likely not good for what you need to do.

They come with different specs... look for one that specifies 'digital' and a frequency range. Depending on your service you may need 1Ghz, 3Ghz, or 5Ghz.

Contact your cable provider and ask them. Their tech support should be able to give you better advice.

Solution