Benlville

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2002
I want to watch Cable television on my monitor, I dont want to have to buy a TV, because I have a Sony 21" monitor, thats just perfect for my living conditions. So, what do I do, I heard about a ASUS TVBOX, it is good, bad, useful? Also, does it hook from my Asus V8460 to the TV box, via what kind of cable? Are there other alternativs that yall might recommend?

silly_rabbit

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2002
I got a LeadTech WinTV2000 XP, havn't connect to my cable yet
(dont have cable outlet near by) but the interface is ez to
use(I think), what I do know is connect any game console to
it is <b>GREAT</b>, connect my gamecube with S-video in and
audio to my audigy, play Biohazard(jap resident evil) is awsome.
the card has FM radio, S/AV-in, cable-in, audio line out
come with a funny colored remote, suport up to 125 channel
record can encode with mpeg2, can schedual record.
it's $69 at newegg, i think its a good deal

cant wait to replace my chair with a toilet,then..
I'll be able sit infront of my PC for months

ath0mps0

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2002
99.99999% of TV capture cards available today are capable of cable.

If the thought I thought I thought had been the thought I thought, I wouldn't have thought so much.

labdog

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
hey, i dont see it at this price ?!?

<i>if <b>you know</b> <font color=white>you don't know<font color=black>, the way could be more easy ...<font color=red>

labdog

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
what's your old username, silly_rabbit ?

<i>if <b>you know</b> <font color=white>you don't know<font color=black>, the way could be more easy ...<font color=red>

Tiberius13

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2002
If you are looking for a TV tuner card so that your computer can act as a Primary television for yourself, you might want to find one with a remote control.

I believe ATI recently released the ATI Remote Wonder (or something like that). The same remote technology is used on their newer All In Wonder cards also and I have one of those. I have to admit that the remote control functionality is quite good!

<font color=green><b>More salt than just a grain you will need with posts of mine. - Yoda</b></font color=green>