News CableMod Announce Nvidia RTX 4090 Right Angle Power Adapter

This will make Jay happy, right? LOL

In any case, yes, it was a concern as that's a lof of dongle and weight for a connector that didn't seem too sturdy to begin with. Specially having to handle that much power/current in it. I hope it works fine for peeps with a 4090 that were worried about the dongle.

Regards.

Reactions: alceryes

bolweval

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2009

In any case, yes, it was a concern as that's a lof of dongle and weight for a connector that didn't seem too sturdy to begin with. Specially having to handle that much power/current in it. I hope it works fine for peeps with a 4090 that were worried about the dongle.

Regards.

For people that have a horizontal MB mount like in my good ole Caselabs Mercury S8, the angle needs to go the other direction ; (

Not only Jay should be happy
For people that have a horizontal MB mount like in my good ole Caselabs Mercury S8, the angle needs to go the other direction ; (
Have you read the article? Here:
For GPUs with different power plug orientations, the adapter also comes in a version flipped 180 degrees to accommodate different GPU designs. Alternatively the 180 degree capability of the adapter can also be used to orient the 16-pin cable around the top of the GPU, for alternative GPU installations.

Reactions: bolweval

Johnpombrio

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2006
I would rather the dongle have the cable facing the end of the card like the old EVGA one for their 3080Ti card. Of course, that would make the length of the card even longer. Fortunately, I removed all of the HDD cages from my case when I went all SSDs so I have plenty of room.

Jan 5, 2022
CableMod needs right-angle connectors for 24-pin mobo, 6 pin, and 8 pins.

Really, does anyone sell custom cables with 90 degrees mobo connectors?