CableMod Custom PSU Cable Configurator Lets You Choose Color, Length And More

Status
Not open for further replies.

sillynilly

Reputable
Jan 6, 2016
Finally! I hate doing my own cables - they always come out so-so. I will pay for this kind of service especially with the custom length option.

Lutfij

Titan
Still doesn't come close to MDPC-X sleeve quality though :/ for the price it's a good deal and is meant for people who aren't interested in doing their own wires. Saves the tools and the required knowledge to sleeve a set.

They also offer entire replacement modular cable kits in various colors for $99US. The $30 flat rate shipping is pricey, but these are shipping from Europe to North America. Not sure if $129 for cool cable colors for a case theme match is worth paying the price of a new high quality 850W PSU though. Yikes. The biggest question is how good is the sleeve quality.

sillynilly

Reputable
Jan 6, 2016

They make custom cables or just resell other "generic" cables? Only thing I saw on their site was $399.99 for single sleeved cable service for the PSU.

I like the custom length option over the generic cables - will make a build much cleaner and easier to route/hide cabling.

Xenocrates

Commendable
Mar 24, 2016
I just wish I could get a cable which has no ATX connector frame, a 3.3V line, a 5V line, and all the 12V lines, plus the power OK, and ground lines to go with them. Preferably with crimp on "Bootlace"s, and the ATX color code intact. Oh well. Eventually I'll find a company that will cater to my strange demands, or just do it myself.

gaaah

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2013
I wonder if they cover Seasonic Snow Silent: 24-pin ATX at one end, split in two at the power supply end.

...$40 for a power supply cable then $30 flat rate shipping. The shipping is clearly a gouge. I get packages from China all the time for free.

1) Nothing is ever, ever "free." You pay for it somewhere or someone else does one way or the other.

2) I was just at my local US Postal Office yesterday and had to ship a priority envelope. While in line I happened to glance up at a rate chart for international shipping. The cheapest flat rate I saw, for any sized package shipping international, was $23.95(US). So their international shipping charges are not out way out of line. UPS and DHL prices are similar for non-major account customers by those shippers.

That's from China. These cables come from Europe, and the rates I was looking at were for shipping to Europe (from the US) for comparison. My guess is that China's international shipping rates are lower because they have so much product shipping out every day both by ocean freight and air. They have a massive logistics economies of scale.

gaaah

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2013

Yes, I suppose I get what I pay for. The tea typically takes a month minimum to arrive, so mine is an unfair comparison.

It's a matter of who is doing the shipping and what the customs fees are. As you might expect, most of the cost is borne by the shipper. And costs are cheaper in China... which is why US ships jobs there.

I get stuff shipped here (acrylic tubing) from UK cheaper than I can ship there.

Status
Not open for further replies.