CableMod's WideBeam RGB-LED Strip Works With Asus RGB Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador
I feel like they should have done it with both magnets and adhesive in case one switches cases and it is made of plastic when they bought the magnetic version... Then again, double sided tape

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
They should have used USB for power... and also control! If the LEDs were individually addressable, then it'd be easy to add a control layer to simplify effects like throb and crawl. Then, you could just set a few parameters like: throb brightness, amplitude, & color; crawl speed & wavelength. Perhaps one could write an app that polls the system resource utilization (network I/O, disk I/O, CPU utilization) and alters different parameters to convey system activity.

I'm not a big fan of case lighting (I always replace LED fans with unlit ones) and never buy windowed cases, but I might be seriously tempted by something like that.

Chayan4400

Honorable

NZXT already did most of this (Except for the system resources ultilization part) with it's Hue+:

[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYnULV8aC7E"][/video]

[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7Uvex2PxDk"][/video]

For me the Hue+ is a better choice, obviously because of the customisability, but also because it is better designed. For instance, it's LED strips attach via magnets, and the unit itself mounts in a 2.5" SSD bay. The main unit supports up to 8 seperate strips, with 4 included. I do however see a market for this; this is practically the only other mainstream RGB PC lighting aside from the Hue+ and since it's $20 cheaper it's a great add-on for those who can't afford the Hue+.

Chayan4400

Honorable

It comes with a remote and IR receiver so you can remote control it as well.

Where I can use it? I saw nice using of this led strip lights in kitchen decoration. I think it is not the only one place at home where you can use it.

This particular product is specifically designed to be used inside PCs; there are many others meant for general applications like home decoration and automotive use.

Status
Not open for further replies.