Cables for a triple 75hz monitor setup. (Help)

OwenLLOYD

Honorable
Nov 6, 2013
I was planning on buying another two 27" 1920x1080 75hz monitors to match the one i currently have but I'm not sure if my graphics card has the capability to support such a setup or if there are any cables that will work with this graphics card.

I have a Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6GB Mini which has 1 DP, 1 HDMI and 2 DVI-D. The monitors in question have 1 DP, 1 HDMI and 1 VGA.

Would this cable be able to output 1920x1080 @ 75hz for the two extra monitors?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Side note: If anyone knows where I can get a reliable triple monitor mount for 27" screens, please let me know!

Solution

Judging from the very first line of the product description:

The 3 meters cable connects a DisplayPort / DisplayPort++ (DP / DP++) equipped laptop or desktop to a monitor or projector with...

Judging from the very first line of the product description:

The 3 meters cable connects a DisplayPort / DisplayPort++ (DP / DP++) equipped laptop or desktop to a monitor or projector with DVI input. (Note: NOT bi-directional, only transmits from DP to DVI)

I would say no.

You should use two DVI-HDMI adapters if the monitor supports 75 Hz over HDMI. If they only support 75 Hz via DisplayPort, it will be quite difficult to connect to them; you would need to use a DVI to HDMI adapter combined with an HDMI to DisplayPort active adapter which typically runs around $30 or so.

Solution

OwenLLOYD

Honorable
Nov 6, 2013

I think I might have a dvi-hdmi adapter lying around somewhere so I'll give it a try in the morning. Thanks for the fast response.

TRENDING THREADS