Question Cabling/HDMI issue

Aug 12, 2021
My current home setup:
  1. Cable signal coming in via a co-axial cable and is connected to the cable modem.
  2. From the cable modem, ethernet cable to my Xbox One. (cable modem has coax in, ethernet ports only out),
  3. From the Xbox, HDMI cable out to HDMI input on the TV.

This works, but what sort of device would I need if I were to remove the Xbox from the equation and still have an HDMI input to my TV?

I'm buying a new LG OLEG 4K TV and I'm concerned the Xbox is going to downgrade the signal to the TV.

RobfDC

Prominent
Aug 10, 2021
I have Comcast and own almost all my own CPE (Customer Premises Equipment). The coax from the pole (after rerouting away from electrical lines) goes to to a coax splitter, one line of which goes to the Comcast modem, the other to a Harris Surfboard cable modem which feeds a Netgear router. This in turn feeds 1) a Basic Talk Voice Over IP box that feeds a set of Panasonic cordless phones; 2) a Dell PC running Sage TV and connected to an OTA antenna and a Vizio Smartcast display (no tuner of its own) - this gets me local channels and allows me to schedule recording of them; 3) the Vizio has a bunch of included streaming services and I paid for Prime TV; the router also is connected via ethernet to a second-hand re-built Roku Hisense TV and an Insignia Fire TV in the kitchen. There are Alexa Dots in the main living room that controls the Vizio and the kitchen that controls the Fire TV, both with the Alexa Wake Word. The basement Roku (soon to be in a rental apartment) responds, mostly, to the new "Ziggy" wake word. The Dots are on the 2.4 Ghz channel on the router for IOT, reserving two 5GHZ channels for streaming. I plan at least one more big HDTV and one more kitchen TV in another rental apartment as I get it renovated. I have yet to really figure out how to integrate a couple of Firesticks, a Google Home stick, and a Roku stick. As I get the apartments rented, I may have to upgrade my Comcast service.
So the answer to your question is - go ahead and hook up whatever you want. It will probably work. Just keep the cabling away from the electrical lines, don't block the router and IR signals, and try not to drink as you figure out how to do all this based on the really bad/obsolete info from the vendors.
PS - using the Basic Talk and dropping Verizon saves me well over $100/month that I can spend on other toys.