Saeid

Hi,
I want to upgrade my cpu to 3.2 GHz ,but i heard that the Cache memory size
is so important in cpues.

can you tell me what is the best Cach size for WinXP,
in fact i often have a message in my desktop that seys about the shortage
of virtual memory.
Thanks

Hi Saeid,

Simply put, for cache memory, the more the better. This however, has nothing
to do with the error message you are seeing. That is the virtual memory, and
there could be a number of causes. If the pagefile.sys is corrupted, this
could do it. If you placed a limit on its size or you are running out of
hard drive space this could also cause it. There is also a known issue with
Intel's application accelerator (which you would have to get an update for).

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

In news:OOb1I7Z4EHA.3388@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
Saeid <saeid.esma@gmail.com> typed:

> I want to upgrade my cpu to 3.2 GHz ,but i heard that the Cache
> memory size is so important in cpues.
>
> can you tell me what is the best Cach size for WinXP,
> in fact i often have a message in my desktop that seys about
> the
> shortage of virtual memory.

Please don't confuse cache memory with virtual memory. They are
not only not the same, they are almost exact opposites of each
other.

Caching is using higher speed memory in place of slower memory to
improve performance.

With virtual memory, you use slower memory (disk space) in place
of faster memory. It results in poorer performance than if it
were all real memory, but it lets you do things you couldn't
otherwise do with the amount of real memory available.

Please reply to the newsgroup

jeffrey

Distinguished
May 4, 2001

Hi,

Virtual memory uses your space on your hard drive when you are low on RAM.
CPU uses a different cache memory, not the same as virtual memory. You can
increase the RAM on your computer, also check to see if your motherboard
supports the 3.2 GHz processor. If not, you`ll need to upgrade that as
well.

Jeff