[CAD] Low(est) Wattage PC w/ Pentium? Cheap?

Hello,

I participate in this program Intel runs for training, and I recently got one of those new Pentiums they put out.

Just wondering what to do with it? I need a reliable seed box (the android TV box I got... hasn't been the greatest) so I was thinking that might be an idea.

Anyhow, I'm looking for a very low-power draw system, parts ideally sourced from memory express, but any Canadian supplier will do.

I'd be looking for something very cheap - if anything this is a side project. I've already got a $2500 gaming desktop, so I don't need anything major.

Stuff I already have:

- Windows 10 (If not, I have a line on one for $35)/Linux

- 128GB SSD/Lots of USBs

- Pentium BX80677G4600 [Is this that super-overclockable one they put out a while ago? I only had a few minutes to pick stuff so I didn't really look into it]

But yea, suggest away! I have nothing really in mind at this point, but I was thinking a seedbox (which would only be on during downloads) might be a thought.

Solution
Here is a quick build with pretty well known parts. Motherboard is slightly expensive, but it gets you wireless AC, which might come in handy for a small build like this. Gold supply for better power efficiency when you leave it running all day.

Or you can go with a full size case and motherboard if you want future expandability.

Even this small form factor case can have a typical moderate length graphics card in it, though. And the socket is good for up to an i7.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Pentium G4600 3.6GHz Dual-Core Processor (Purchased For $0.00)
Motherboard: MSI - H270I GAMING PRO AC Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard ($118.00 @ Vuugo)
Memory:...

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
It is not overclockable, excepting a small boost with the base clock on a suitable motherboard.

At 51W TDP it is a pretty light chip, but it is equivalent to an older style i3 effectively since it has hyperthreading. The overclockable Pentium you are thinking of was a standard dual core.

Sounds like you just need to pick up a suitable motherboard, memory, case, and power supply. Doesn't seem like you need a video card, so it could be a very small form factor.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Here is a quick build with pretty well known parts. Motherboard is slightly expensive, but it gets you wireless AC, which might come in handy for a small build like this. Gold supply for better power efficiency when you leave it running all day.

Or you can go with a full size case and motherboard if you want future expandability.

Even this small form factor case can have a typical moderate length graphics card in it, though. And the socket is good for up to an i7.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Pentium G4600 3.6GHz Dual-Core Processor (Purchased For $0.00)
Motherboard: MSI - H270I GAMING PRO AC Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard ($118.00 @ Vuugo)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($89.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Case: Silverstone - Sugo SG13B-Q Mini ITX Tower Case ($54.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($104.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Total: $367.97
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-09-21 17:22 EDT-0400

Solution

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
For reasonable parts at least.

If the system were even lower power you might risk a lesser known power supply.

I myself run a i3-4130T (15W) system off of a 80+ Bronze 250W supply that was included with a very similar case. Also a silverstone Sugo, but a much older one.